Patient Satisfaction With Treatment of BOTOX® Cosmetic for the Temporary Correction of Moderate to Severe Glabellar Lines
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00856414|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : March 5, 2009
Results First Posted : December 12, 2011
Last Update Posted : January 29, 2019
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Skin Aging||Biological: botulinum toxin Type A||Phase 4|
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Actual Enrollment :||45 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Single Group Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Study Start Date :||March 2009|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||April 2009|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||April 2009|
botulinum toxin Type A 20U
Biological: botulinum toxin Type A
20U, up to two injections administered intramuscularly into the glabella (2 in each side of the corrugators and 1 in the procerus)
Other Name: BOTOX®
- The First Visit Onset of Efficacy as Measured by Physician Assessment [ Time Frame: 14 Days ]The first visit onset of efficacy as measured by physician assessment. Onset is determined by a yes/no answer to the question "Since injecting the patient, have you noticed any effect on the appearance of the patient's frown lines (lines between the eyebrows)?" at days 2, 3, 4, 7, and 14.
- The First Visit Onset of Efficacy as Measured by Subject Assessment [ Time Frame: 14 Days ]The first visit onset of efficacy as measured by subject assessment. Onset is determined by a yes/no answer to the question "Since being injected, have you noticed any effect on the appearance of your frown lines (lines between the eyebrows)?" at days 2, 3, 4, 7, and 14.
- Average Subject Assessment Score in Improvement of Appearance of Frown Lines [ Time Frame: 14 Days ]Average subject assessment score in improvement of appearance of frown lines (lines between the eyebrows) as measured by a 7-point scale (1=very much improved and 7=very much worse)on a daily basis. The average scores over the 1st diary week (1-7 days) and the 2nd diary week (8-14 days) are presented.
- Change From Baseline in Patient Satisfaction as Measured by Facial Line Outcome (FLO) Questionnaire Score [ Time Frame: Baseline, Day 14 ]Change from baseline in patient satisfaction as measured by FLO questionnaire comprised of 11 items that assess subject's perceptions about specific aspects of their facial lines for the previous 7 days. Each question is scored on a 11-point scale (0=not at all, 5=somewhat, 10=very much) and the sums are converted to the total FLO score. The minimum total FLO score is 0 (worst) and the maximum total FLO score is 100 (best). The total FLO score was calculated at baseline and Day 14. A positive number change from baseline indicates an improvement.
- Percentage of Patients Reporting Self-Perception of Age (SPA) [ Time Frame: Baseline, Day 14 ]Percentage of patients reporting their SPA. SPA is measured by a questionnaire. Patients were asked to compare their facial appearance to their current age. Response options were "Looking younger", "Looking current age", and "Looking older". Results for each response are presented for Baseline and Day 14.
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT00856414
|United States, Florida|
|West Palm Beach, Florida, United States|
|United States, Michigan|
|Livonia, Michigan, United States|
|Study Director:||Medical Director||Allergan|