Management of Diabetes Mellitus Patients With Retinopathy
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00828425|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : January 26, 2009
Last Update Posted : August 18, 2010
Aim of this NIS is to retrospectively document the management of diabetic patients with retinopathy in a naturalistic setting in Switzerland. Following elements are going to be analyzed:
- which medication are used to keep blood pressure under control?
- which medication are used for metabolic control?
- the average control level of metabolism and blood pressure is compliant with the international guidelines?
- laser photocoagulation plays a role in the control of metabolism and blood pressure?
- there are differences in the control of metabolism and blood pressure between patients with DM I or DM II?
- there is an influence of renal failure on the choose of medication?
|Condition or disease|
|Retinopathy Diabetes Mellitus|
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Estimated Enrollment :||2500 participants|
|Official Title:||Management of Diabetes Mellitus Patients With Retinopathy|
|Study Start Date :||December 2008|
|Study Completion Date :||August 2009|
Diabetic patients with retinopathy
- Blood lipids, glycemia, HbA1C, blood creatinine, proteinuria, body weight [ Time Frame: every 3 months ]
- evolution of diabetic retinopathy [ Time Frame: every 3 months ]
- concomitant medication [ Time Frame: every 3 months ]
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT00828425
Show 62 Study Locations