Carboplatin and Topotecan in Treating Patients With Relapsed or Metastatic Cervical Cancer
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00807079|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : December 11, 2008
Last Update Posted : October 29, 2014
RATIONALE: Drugs used in chemotherapy, such as carboplatin and topotecan, work in different ways to stop the growth of tumor cells, either by killing the cells or by stopping them from dividing. Giving more than one drug (combination chemotherapy) may kill more tumor cells.
PURPOSE: This phase I/II trial is studying the side effects and best dose of topotecan when given together with carboplatin and to see how well they work in treating patients with relapsed or metastatic cervical cancer.
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Cervical Cancer||Drug: carboplatin Drug: topotecan hydrochloride||Phase 1 Phase 2|
- To determine the maximum tolerated dose of topotecan hydrochloride when administered with carboplatin in patients with relapsed or metastatic cervical cancer. (Phase I)
- To determine the objective response rate in patients treated with this regimen. (Phase II)
- To determine the dose-limiting toxicities of this regimen in these patients. (Phase I)
- To assess the progression-free survival of patients treated with this regimen. (Phase II)
- To assess the overall survival of patients treated with this regimen. (Phase II)
- To assess the tolerability of this regimen in these patients. (Phase II)
OUTLINE: This is a multicenter, phase I dose-escalation study of topotecan hydrochloride followed by a phase II study.
Patients receive oral topotecan hydrochloride on days 1, 8, and 15 and carboplatin IV on day 1. Treatment repeats every 4 weeks for up to 6 courses in the absence of disease progression or unacceptable toxicity.
Patients complete a quality-of-life questionnaire at baseline and then every 3 months thereafter.
After completion of study therapy, patients are followed every 3 months for 1 year.
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Actual Enrollment :||12 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Single Group Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Official Title:||Phase I/II Study of Carboplatin in Association With Weekly Oral Topotecan in Patients With Metastatic or Recurrent Cervical Cancer|
|Study Start Date :||September 2008|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||May 2011|
|Experimental: single arm||
Drug: topotecan hydrochloride
- Maximum tolerated dose of topotecan hydrochloride (Phase I) [ Time Frame: 3 months ]
- Objective response rate (Phase II) [ Time Frame: 3 months ]
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT00807079
|Hotel Dieu de Paris|
|Paris, France, 75181|
|Principal Investigator:||Laure Chauvenet, MD||Hotel Dieu de Paris|