Immunogenicity and Safety of Adacel Polio Vaccine
The present study is designed to meet the requirements of the Taiwanese Health Authorities for registration of ADACEL POLIO in Taiwan.
Subjects will receive one dose of the study vaccine at 6 to 8 years of age. Blood samples will be taken for antibody titration. The expected total duration of follow-up for each subject will be 28 days.
|Diphtheria Tetanus Pertussis Poliomyelitis||Biological: TdcP-IPV vaccine||Phase 3|
|Study Design:||Intervention Model: Single Group Assignment
Masking: Open Label
Primary Purpose: Prevention
|Official Title:||Immunogenicity and Safety of ADACEL POLIO (TdcP-IPV Vaccine) Administered at 6 to 8 Years of Age as a Fifth Dose in Healthy Children in Taiwan|
- Number of Participants With Seroprotection to Vaccine Antigens Following Vaccination With ADACEL Polio (TdcP-IPV) Vaccine. [ Time Frame: Day 28 post-vaccination ]
Diphtheria concentrations determined by diphtheria toxin neutralization assay (Dip SN); Tetanus concentrations determined by enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA).
Seroprotection titer levels were defined as: Anti-diphtheria antibody titers ≥0.1 international unit (IU) per milliliter (mL); Anti-tetanus antibody titers ≥0.01 IU/mL and ≥0.1 IU/mL; Anti-Polio (≥ 8 1/dilution).
- Number of Participants With Booster Response to Vaccine Pertussis Antigens Following Vaccination With ADACEL Polio (TdcP-IPV) Vaccine. [ Time Frame: Day 28 post-vaccination ]The anti-Pertussis concentration were determined by ELISA. The criteria for demonstrating booster response are: (i) Pre-vaccination antibody concentrations less than the lower limit of quantitation (LLOQ) for each anti-pertussis antibody (PT, FHA, FIM, and PRN) but a post-vaccination levels ≥ 4 x LLOQ; or (ii) Pre-vaccination antibody concentrations ≥ LLOQ but < 4 x LLOQ with a 4-fold rise rate; or (iii) Pre-vaccination antibody concentrations ≥ 4 x LLOQ but with a 2-fold rise rate.
- Geometric Mean Titers (GMTs) of Antibodies to ADACEL Polio Vaccine Antigens Following Vaccination [ Time Frame: Day 28 post-vaccination ]Diphtheria antibody concentrations determined by diphtheria toxin neutralization assay; Tetanus antibody concentrations determined by enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA).
- Geometric Mean Titers of Antibodies to Pertussis Antigens Following Vaccination With ADACEL Polio [ Time Frame: Day 0 (pre-vaccination) and Day 28 post-vaccination ]Pre- and post-vaccination GMTs for the Pertussis toxoid (PT), Pertussis filamentous hemagglutinin (FHA), Pertussis pertactin (PRN), and Pertussis Fimbriae types 2 and 3 (FIM), all determined by enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA).
- Number of Participants Reporting at Least 1 Solicited Injection Site or Systemic Reaction Post-vaccination With ADACEL Polio Vaccine [ Time Frame: Day 0 up to Day 7 post-vaccination ]Solicited Injection Site Reactions: Pain, Erythema/redness, Swelling, and Extensive swelling of vaccinated limb. Solicited Systemic Reactions: Fever (temperature ≥ 37.5ºC), Headache, Malaise, and Myalgia.
|Study Start Date:||November 2008|
|Study Completion Date:||July 2009|
|Primary Completion Date:||April 2009 (Final data collection date for primary outcome measure)|
Experimental: Study Group
Participants will receive one dose of Tetanus, diphtheria (reduced antigen content), pertussis (acellular components) vaccine (TdcP-IPV, ADACEL Polio) on Day 0
Biological: TdcP-IPV vaccine
0.5 mL, Intramuscular
Other Name: ADACEL POLIO
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT00797511
|Taipei, Taiwan, 100|
|Study Director:||Medical Monitor||Sanofi Pasteur Inc.|