Skin Imaging With Technologies in Development
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Know the risks and potential benefits of clinical studies and talk to your health care provider before participating. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00764920|
Recruitment Status : Recruiting
First Posted : October 2, 2008
Last Update Posted : June 29, 2022
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment|
|Pigmented Skin Lesion of Uncertain Nature||Device: non-invasive imaging modalities for assessment of skin|
Normal and lesional skin will be assessed by the following imaging modalities:
- Laser Speckle Imaging can provide information about relative blood flow in a tissue. In skin it can be used to determine what areas have more blood flow and whether a particular intervention or treatment affects blood flow.
- Optical Coherence Tomography and Optical Doppler Tomography can provide pictures of blood vessels in an area of the body and can also tell how fast blood is flowing in that area.
- Photon Migration Spectroscopy can provide information about the amount of blood, oxygen, fat and water is in a tissue.
- Multi-Spectral Imaging can provide a 3 dimensional image of structures within the skin.
- Multiphoton Microscopy can provide images of structures of the skin.
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Estimated Enrollment :||750 participants|
|Official Title:||Non-invasive Imaging Modalities for Assessment of Normal and Lesional Skin|
|Study Start Date :||October 2008|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date :||December 2024|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||December 2024|
non-invasive imaging modalities for assessment of skin
Device: non-invasive imaging modalities for assessment of skin
- Collect information on normal and lesional skin [ Time Frame: up to 12 weeks ]Develop non-invasive imaging modalities for assessment of skin.
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT00764920
|Contact: Hanna Kim, MAemail@example.com|
|United States, California|
|Beckman Laser Institute Medical clinic||Recruiting|
|Irvine, California, United States, 92612|
|Contact: Kristen Kelly, MD 949-824-7997 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Contact: Hanna Kim 949-824-9265 email@example.com|
|Sub-Investigator: Bernard Choi, PhD|
|Sub-Investigator: Mihaela Balu, PhD|
|Sub-Investigator: Brian Wong, MD|
|Principal Investigator:||Kristen M Kelly, MD||Beckman Laser Institute University of California Irvine|