Efficacy Study of "Go On" in Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) Improvement in Osteoarthritis (OA) Knee (GoOn MRI)
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00750724|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : September 10, 2008
Last Update Posted : May 26, 2010
OA knee is a common degenerative diseases of the joint.
- There are many methods to treat this condition.
- Hyaluronic acid is one of the recomended treatment of OA knee.
- There is no any study on MRI change after injection hyaluronic acid.
- The Hypothesis is 25 mg of sodium hyaluronate (2.5 ml) would preserve the joint space in patient with osteoarthritis of the knee compared to placebo .
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Osteoarthritis||Drug: 25 mg sodium hyaluronate "GO ON" Drug: normal saline,2 ml., intraarticular weekly for 5 weeks||Phase 3|
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Actual Enrollment :||60 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Parallel Assignment|
|Masking:||Double (Participant, Outcomes Assessor)|
|Official Title:||Phase 3 Study GoON and MRI Improvement in OA Knee|
|Study Start Date :||July 2008|
|Primary Completion Date :||September 2009|
|Study Completion Date :||October 2009|
Placebo Comparator: B
2 ml of Normal saline intraarticular injection to the knee joint weekly for 5 weeks
|Drug: normal saline,2 ml., intraarticular weekly for 5 weeks|
2 ml of 25 mg sodium hyaluronate intraarticular injection to the knee joint weekly for 5 weeks
Drug: 25 mg sodium hyaluronate "GO ON"
25 mg sodium hyaluronate, 2 ml., intraarticular weekly for 5 weeks
- MRI will be analysed with semiquantitative whole organ scoring method (WORMS) c [ Time Frame: 6 months ]
- WOMAC, VAS, side effects [ Time Frame: 14 months ]
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT00750724
|Khon Kaen, Thailand, 40001|
|Principal Investigator:||Weerachai Kosuwon, Professor||Faculty of Medicine, Khon Kaen University|