Follow-up Care After Treatment for Endometrial Cancer
The purposes of this study are to examine the needs (symptoms, support, information) and satisfaction of women during follow-up in the community after completing treatment for endometrial cancer. This information will be collected from the perspective of the women themselves, their primary care providers (family physician or gynecologist) and the health care providers (oncologist, nurses, social worker, psychologist) at the cancer centre.
|Study Design:||Observational Model: Ecologic or Community
Time Perspective: Retrospective
|Official Title:||Follow-up After Primary Therapy for Endometrial Cancer; Implementation of a Cancer Care Ontario Guideline: A Pilot Evaluation Study.|
- Qualitative description of participants perception [ Time Frame: after 6 month ] [ Designated as safety issue: No ]
|Study Start Date:||August 2008|
|Study Completion Date:||February 2010|
|Primary Completion Date:||September 2009 (Final data collection date for primary outcome measure)|
Research Question How has this transfer in follow-up care impacted performance indicators?
- Volume of follow-up care transferred
- Percentage of women, who have required a re-entry consultation
- Fiscal implication of this transfer of follow-up care
- What are women's perceptions of the transition of follow-up care?
- What are women's supportive care needs during the transition of follow-up care and ongoing needs?
Primary Care Practitioner stakeholders:
- What are the primary care practitioners' perceptions of the process of transition of follow-up care?
- What are the primary care practitioners' educational needs?
- What are the primary care practitioners' perceptions of the process of re-entry for in women with suspected recurrence?
Tertiary Centre: Health care providers stakeholders
o What are the perceptions of tertiary health care providers about the transition of follow-up care?
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT00750672
|The Ottawa Hospital|
|Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, K1H 8L6|