A Study In Patients With Advanced Solid Tumor
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00726752|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : August 1, 2008
Results First Posted : March 26, 2012
Last Update Posted : May 23, 2012
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Neoplasms||Drug: Axitinib (AG-013736)||Phase 1|
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Actual Enrollment :||6 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Single Group Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Official Title:||A Phase 1 Study In Patients With Advanced Solid Tumor To Evaluate The Pharmacokinetics And Safety Of AG-013736 At Single Doses Of 5 mg, 7 mg And 10 mg, And At Multiple Doses|
|Study Start Date :||July 2008|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||April 2010|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||April 2010|
Drug: Axitinib (AG-013736)
Three single dose level of AG-013736 (5 mg, 7 mg and 10 mg) will be given for all patient. After single dosing at each dose level, multiple doses of 5 mg twice a day (BID) will be started.
- Single Dose: Maximum Observed Plasma Concentration (Cmax) [ Time Frame: Predose, 0.5, 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 24, and 32-hour postdose ]
- Area Under the Plasma Concentration-Time Curve From Time Zero to Time Infinity (AUCinf) [ Time Frame: Predose, 0.5, 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 24, and 32-hour postdose ]AUCinf is obtained from AUC (0 - t) plus AUC (t - infinity).
- Single Dose: Time to Reach Maximum Observed Plasma Concentration (Tmax) [ Time Frame: Predose, 0.5, 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 24, and 32-hour postdose ]
- Single Dose: Plasma Decay Half-Life (t1/2) [ Time Frame: Predose, 0.5, 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 24, and 32-hour postdose ]Plasma decay half-life is the time measured for the plasma concentration to decrease by one half.
- Multiple Dose: Maximum Observed Plasma Concentration (Cmax) [ Time Frame: Cycle 1 Day 15 predose in the morning, and 0.5, 1, 2, 4, 8 and 12 hour postdose ]Cmax at multiple dosing
- Multiple Dose: Area Under the Curve From Time Zero to End of Dosing Interval (AUCtau) [ Time Frame: Cycle 1 Day 15 predose in the morning, and 0.5, 1, 2, 4, 8 and 12 hour postdose ]The dosing interval was 12 hours in this study.
- Multiple Dose: Time to Reach Maximum Observed Plasma Concentration (Tmax) [ Time Frame: Cycle 1 Day 15 predose in the morning, and 0.5, 1, 2, 4, 8 and 12 hour postdose ]Tmax at multiple dosing
- Multiple Dose: Accumulation Ratio for Cmax (Rac Cmax) and Accumulation Ratio for AUCtau (Rac AUCtau) [ Time Frame: Cycle 1 Day 15 predose in the morning, and 0.5, 1, 2, 4, 8 and 12 hour postdose ]Rac Cmax is obtained from Cmax (Cycle 1, Day 15) divided by Cmax (Cycle 1, Day 1) Rac AUCtau is obtained from AUCtau (Cycle 1, Day 15) divided by AUCtau (Cycle 1, Day 1)
- Percent Change From Baseline in Soluble Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor Receptor 1, 2, and 3 (s-VEGFR1, s-VEGFR2 and s-VEGFR3), Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor (VEGF), Soluble Stem Cell Factor Receptor (s-KIT ) [ Time Frame: Prior to the initial dose (baseline) and Day 1 of Cycle 2 ]Percent change from baseline is obtained from (observed value minus baseline value) divided by baseline value multiplied by 100 in each parameter, i.e., s-VEGFR1, VEGFR2, s-VEGFR3, s-KIT, and VEGF
- Number of Participants With Best Overall Response of Complete Response (CR), Partial Response (PR), Stable Disease (SD), and Progression of Disease (PD) According to the Response Evaluation Criteria in Solid Tumors (RECIST Version 1.0) [ Time Frame: Up to 470 days ]CR was defined as the disappearance of all target and nontarget lesions and no appearance of new lesions. PR was defined as at least a 30% decrease in the sum of the longest diameters (SLD) of the targeted lesions. CR and PR had to be documented on 2 occasions separated by at least 4 weeks. SD was defined as neither sufficient shrinkage to qualify for PR nor sufficient increase to qualify as PD being demonstrated during the first 8 weeks. PD was defined as at least a 20% increase in the SLD of target lesions compared to the smallest SLD since the study treatment started.
- Number of Participants With Adverse Events [ Time Frame: Up to 470 days of treatment plus 28-days follow-up ]Number of participants with any adverse events, adverse events graded as Common Terminology Criteria for Adverse Events (CTCAE) Version 3.0 Grade 3 or higher , serious adverse events, and adverse events resulted in discontinuation.
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT00726752
|Pfizer Investigational Site|
|Kobe-shi, Hyogo-ken, Japan|
|Study Director:||Pfizer CT.gov Call Center||Pfizer|