Improving Outcomes for Patients Requiring Oral Bowel Preparation for Colonoscopy
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00693290|
Recruitment Status : Unknown
Verified June 2008 by University of Ulster.
Recruitment status was: Not yet recruiting
First Posted : June 9, 2008
Last Update Posted : June 9, 2008
Study hypothesis The overall aim of this study is to compare two bowel preparations that are used prior to a colonoscopy procedure.
The principal research questions are:
- Does the use of a low residue diet increase patient concordance to the bowel preparation instructions?
- Does the use of a low residue diet decrease the adequacy of assessment of the mucosa?
- Does the use of a low residue diet increase the willingness of patients to undertake repeated examination as is required for disease follow−up?
- Does body weight affect perceived tolerability of either group?
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment|
|Colorectal Cancer||Other: low residue diet|
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Estimated Enrollment :||100 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Parallel Assignment|
|Masking:||Double (Investigator, Outcomes Assessor)|
|Official Title:||Improving Outcomes for Patients Requiring Oral Bowel Preparation for Colonoscopy|
|Study Start Date :||June 2008|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date :||December 2008|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||December 2008|
Active Comparator: 1
Fleet plus low residue diet sheet.
Other: low residue diet
Fleet (usual preparation) plus diet sheet for low residue diet
Other Name: Sodium Phosphate
No Intervention: 2
No intervention, usual care, Fleet plus liquid only diet
- Clarity of the mucosa evaluated by the Ottawa Scale. [ Time Frame: At endoscopy screening ]
- Concordance with the bowel preparation. [ Time Frame: Prior to the endoscopy ]
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT00693290
|Contact: Daphne Garrett||287-134-5171 ext email@example.com|
|Contact: Siobhan McCann, PhDfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Western Health and Social Care Trust||Not yet recruiting|
|Londonderry, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom, BT476SB|
|Contact: Daphne Garrett 287-134-5171 ext 3761 email@example.com|
|Principal Investigator:||Daphne Garrett||Western Health and Social Care Trust|