Evaluation of Robot-Assisted Surgery in Gynecologic Oncology
|Study Design:||Observational Model: Case-Only|
|Official Title:||Prospective Evaluation of Robot-Assisted Surgery in Gynecologic Oncology|
- Data Collection of Surgical Times, Procedures Performed, Intra-operative + Postoperative Complications of Robot-assisted Gynecologic Oncology Cases [ Time Frame: 5 Years ] [ Designated as safety issue: No ]
|Study Start Date:||April 2008|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date:||April 2017 (Final data collection date for primary outcome measure)|
Robotic Gynecologic Surgery
Patients who have undergone or will undergo a robotic-assisted gynecologic procedure.
Questionnaires each taking less than 10 minutes to complete.
Other Name: Survey
If you agree to take part in this study, the following information will be collected from your medical record after surgery:
- The reason you had or are scheduled to have robot-assisted surgery.
- How long the surgery took to complete.
- What procedures were performed during the surgery.
- If cancer was or was not found in the tissue that was removed.
- How long you were in the hospital.
- What complications, if any, happened that are related to the surgery.
Depending on when you enroll in the study, you may be asked to complete a short questionnaire 3 different times, each questionnaire will take less than 10 minutes to complete. If you had surgery for cervical cancer, you will complete the questionnaire 2 weeks after surgery. All patients will complete the questionnaires 4-6 weeks after surgery, and again 3-6 months later.
If you have your follow up care with a doctor outside of MD Anderson, you will be called to complete the questionnaires over the phone. Each phone call should last about 10 minutes This questionnaire and/or phone calls will ask questions about any side effects you have experienced that you think may be related to the surgery.
Length of Study:
After the last questionnaire is completed, your participation in the study is over.
This is an investigational study.
Up to 1,000 patients will take part in this study at MD Anderson Cancer Center and Banner MD Anderson Arizona.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT00671827
|United States, Arizona|
|MD Anderson Banner Arizona|
|Gilbert, Arizona, United States, 85234|
|United States, Texas|
|University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center|
|Houston, Texas, United States, 77030|
|Principal Investigator:||Pamela Soliman, MD||M.D. Anderson Cancer Center|