Pancreatic Cancer Collaborative Registry
RATIONALE: Gathering information about patients with cancer may help doctors learn more about the disease and plan early diagnosis and treatment.
PURPOSE: This clinical trial is studying computer tools for improving early diagnosis and treatment in patients with pancreatic cancer, are at risk for pancreatic cancer, or have a non-cancerous pancreatic disorder.
Other: medical chart review
Other: questionnaire administration
Other: study of socioeconomic and demographic variables
|Study Design:||Observational Model: Other
Time Perspective: Prospective
|Official Title:||Integrated Cancer Repository for Cancer Research (iCaRe2)- Subproject: Pancreatic Cancer Collaborative Registry|
- Development of the Pancreatic Cancer Collaborative Registry (PCCR) infrastructure as a repository for socio-demographic, environmental, clinical, and family history data [ Time Frame: Yearly ]Ongoing registry.
Biospecimen Retention: Samples With DNA
|Study Start Date:||February 2003|
|Study Completion Date:||September 9, 2013|
|Primary Completion Date:||September 9, 2013 (Final data collection date for primary outcome measure)|
Other: medical chart review
- Develop Integrated Biomedical Computing Tools (IBCT) for the better understanding and treatment of pancreatic cancer by using the power of computer and informatics sciences.
- Continue development of the Pancreatic Cancer Collaborative Registry (PCCR) infrastructure to act as a repository for socio-demographic, environmental, clinical, and family history data collected from individuals and interested family members with a personal and/or family history of pancreatic cancer.
- Participate in an international pancreatic registry known as the PCCR by sharing information collected for research purposes only, to be used by pancreatic cancer research collaborators from other institutions.
- Collect and bank excess biological materials (i.e., pancreatic tissue, tumor tissue, and/or metastatic pancreatic cancer tissue, and/or paraffin-embedded tissue), blood, and serum from registry participants for future research.
OUTLINE: This is a multicenter study.
Patients undergo blood and pancreatic tissue collection. Normal, tumor, and/or metastatic pancreatic cancer tissue, and/or paraffin-embedded tissue from prior surgery or biopsy are obtained.
Patients provide or complete personal information about themselves, their medical history, their diet and lifestyle habits, any past or current environmental exposures, and re-create their family tree for any cancers that have occurred in any of their family members. Clinical data is collected annually.
High Risk participants provide blood samples and complete questionnaires at baseline. Clinical data is collected annually.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT00661882
|United States, Nebraska|
|UNMC Eppley Cancer Center at the University of Nebraska Medical Center|
|Omaha, Nebraska, United States, 68198-6805|
|Principal Investigator:||Quan Ly, MD||UNMC Fred and Pamela Buffett Cancer Center|