A Study of Subcutaneous Mircera for the Maintenance Treatment of Participants With Chronic Renal Anemia
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00642668|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : March 25, 2008
Results First Posted : July 22, 2016
Last Update Posted : July 5, 2017
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Anemia||Drug: methoxy polyethylene glycol-epoetin beta||Phase 4|
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Actual Enrollment :||35 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Single Group Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Official Title:||Subcutaneous Treatment of Anemia in Patients With a GFR Below 45 ml/Min/1.73m2 Through Injections With Mircera as Low Frequent as Once Monthly (STABILO)|
|Actual Study Start Date :||June 30, 2008|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||December 31, 2009|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||December 31, 2009|
Experimental: Methoxy Polyethylene Glycol-Epoetin Beta
Participants received methoxy polyethylene glycol-epoetin beta treatment monthly for 36 weeks with an efficacy evaluation period (EEP) during weeks 29-36 and followed by a 4 week follow-up period.
Drug: methoxy polyethylene glycol-epoetin beta
1.2 mcg/kg administered subcutaneously (sc) monthly for 36 weeks (initial recommended dose)
Other Name: Mircera
- Percentage of Participants Maintaining Average Hemoglobin Concentration During Efficacy Evaluation Period (EEP) Within Target Range [ Time Frame: Weeks 29-36 ]The EEP was week 29 through week 36. The target range for average hemoglobin concentration was 10.0 - 12.0 g/dL.
- Change From Baseline in Hemoglobin Concentration to Efficacy Evaluation Period (EEP) [ Time Frame: Weeks 0-36 ]The mean change Baseline Hemoglobin to the time adjusted average of Hemoglobin during the EEP.
- Percentage of Participants Maintaining Hemoglobin Concentrations Within Range of 10-12 Grams/Deciliter (g/dL) Throughout Efficacy Evaluation Period (EEP) [ Time Frame: Weeks 29-36 ]
- Mean Time Spent in Hemoglobin Range of 10-12 g/dL During Efficacy Evaluation Period (EEP) [ Time Frame: Weeks 29-36 ]
- Percentage of Participants With Adverse Events [ Time Frame: Weeks 1-40 ]An adverse event is any untoward medical occurrence in a participant administered a pharmaceutical product and which does not necessarily have to have a causal relationship with the treatment. An adverse event can therefore be any unfavorable and unintended sign (including an abnormal laboratory finding, for example), symptom, or disease temporally associated with the use of a pharmaceutical product, whether or not considered related to the pharmaceutical product. Preexisting conditions which worsen during a study are also considered as adverse events.
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT00642668
|Study Director:||Clinical Trials||Hoffmann-La Roche|