U-CHAMP: Urban Cardiovascular Health Assessment and Management Program (U-CHAMP)
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00626041|
Recruitment Status : Unknown
Verified January 2010 by University of Calgary.
Recruitment status was: Recruiting
First Posted : February 29, 2008
Last Update Posted : January 27, 2010
High blood pressure, elevated blood glucose and high cholesterol are related to the increased risk of stroke and heart disease. Many studies have shown that this risk can be significantly reduced by lowering blood pressure, blood glucose and cholesterol levels.
Through a collaborative effort between Calgary Safeway pharmacists and Calgary Health Region family physician PCN's, U-CHAMP will deliver a program to assist in the identification and management of people with elevated blood pressure, blood glucose and cholesterol and through this effort, reduce the risk of heart disease and stroke in the urban Calgary population aged 18-85 years.
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Cardiovascular Diseases Hypertension Hyperlipidemia Hyperglycemia||Other: participant referral to primary care network physician||Not Applicable|
Show Detailed Description
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Estimated Enrollment :||110 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Single Group Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Official Title:||U-CHAMP: Urban Cardiovascular Health Assessment and Management Program|
|Study Start Date :||February 2008|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date :||December 2010|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||June 2011|
referral to primary care network for management of blood pressure, lipids and diabetes.
Other: participant referral to primary care network physician
blood pressure, cholesterol and hemoglobin A1c screening and management
- Change in systolic blood pressure between baseline (average of visits one and two) and program end (final visit). [ Time Frame: 12 months ]
- Proportion of screened participants identified as being above blood pressure, cholesterol and blood glucose targets at visit two [ Time Frame: 12 months ]
- Proportion of participants that achieve published blood pressure (lipid and diabetes when appropriate) targets by program end [ Time Frame: 12 months ]
- Proportion of individuals that obtain both a baseline and end of program full lipid panel [ Time Frame: 12 months ]
- Change in Framingham Global Cardiovascular Risk score (in those participants that do not have known vascular disease or diabetes and have a recorded baseline and end-of-study full lipid panel). [ Time Frame: 12 months ]
- Proportion of individuals that have changes in drug therapy (new medication and/or dosage increase). [ Time Frame: 12 months ]
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT00626041
|Contact: Donna M. Galvin, BScPharm||403 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Calgary Safeway Pharmacy - Crowfoot Location||Recruiting|
|Calgary, Alberta, Canada, T3G 2L4|
|Contact: Rita Bowron, BScPharm 403-831-6987|
|Principal Investigator: Charlotte A Jones, PhD MD|
|Coop Pharmacy - Crowfoot Location||Terminated|
|Calgary, Alberta, Canada, T3G 2L5|
|Principal Investigator:||Charlotte Jones, PhD, MD||University of Calgary|