Vandetanib and Temozolomide in Treating Patients With Advanced Solid Tumors That Cannot Be Removed By Surgery
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00601614|
Recruitment Status : Withdrawn (no enrollment)
First Posted : January 28, 2008
Last Update Posted : March 10, 2014
RATIONALE: Vandetanib may stop the growth of tumor cells by blocking some of the enzymes needed for cell growth and by blocking blood flow to the tumor. Drugs used in chemotherapy, such as temozolomide, work in different ways to stop the growth of tumor cells, either by killing the cells or by stopping them from dividing. Giving vandetanib together with temozolomide may kill more tumor cells.
PURPOSE: This phase I trial is studying the side effects and best dose of vandetanib and temozolomide in treating patients with advanced solid tumors that cannot be removed by surgery.
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Unspecified Adult Solid Tumor, Protocol Specific||Drug: temozolomide Drug: vandetanib Other: immunoenzyme technique Other: laboratory biomarker analysis||Phase 1|
- To determine the maximum tolerated dose of concurrently administered vandetanib and temozolomide in patients with unresectable, advanced solid tumors.
- To describe the toxicity profile of this regimen in these patients.
- To describe the response rate in patients treated with this regimen.
- To describe the effects of therapy on angiogenesis-related translational endpoints.
OUTLINE: Patients receive escalating doses of oral vandetanib once daily on days 1-28 and oral temozolomide once daily on days 1-5. Treatment repeats every 28 days in the absence of disease progression or unacceptable toxicity.
Blood samples are collected at baseline and prior to each treatment course for correlative laboratory studies, including evaluation of plasma VEGF levels by ELISA, serum angiogenesis assay, and measurement of circulating endothelial cell populations (CD133, CD34, CD146). Frozen serum and plasma samples are also stored for future research studies.
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Actual Enrollment :||0 participants|
|Official Title:||Phase I Study of ZD6474 and Temozolomide in Patients With Advanced Cancer|
|Study Start Date :||January 2008|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date :||January 2010|
- Maximum tolerated dose of vandetanib and temozolomide
- Adverse events profile
- Toxicity profile
- Response profile
- Time until any treatment-related toxicity
- Time until treatment-related grade 3+ toxicity
- Time until hematologic nadirs
- Time to progression
- Time to treatment failure
- Correlation of changes in VEGF levels, serum angiogenesis, and circulating endothelial cells with response and dose levels
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT00601614
|Study Chair:||Ravi D. Rao, MD, MBBS||Mayo Clinic|
|OverallOfficial:||Svetomir Markovic, MD, PhD||Mayo Clinic|