BIMET Study: Evolution of Metabolic and Cardiovascular Risks Factors in Patients With Bipolar Disorder (BIMET)
To assess the prevalence of Metabolic Syndrome in Spanish population with Bipolar I or II Disorder.
To analyse the clinical progress disease in patients with Bipolar I or II Disorder for 12 months using the assessment of the symptoms disease and the progress of metabolic and cardiovascular risk.
To analyse the health status, quality of life and functioning/disability of patients.
|Study Design:||Observational Model: Cohort
Time Perspective: Prospective
|Official Title:||BIMET Study: Evolution of Metabolic and Cardiovascular Risks Factors in Patients With Bipolar Disorder|
- Evolution of Modifiable Metabolic and Cardiovascular Risk Factors (Weight, and serum levels of Glucose, Total Cholesterol, LDL-Cholesterol, HDL-Cholesterol and Triglycerides) [ Time Frame: 12 months ]
- Clinical Evolution of the Disease [ Time Frame: 12 months ]
- Cardiovascular Risk [ Time Frame: 12 months ]
- Current pattern of treatment in Bipolar Disorder [ Time Frame: 12 month ]
- Prevalence of Metabolic Syndrome in Spanish Population with Bipolar Disorder [ Time Frame: 1 day ]
- Patient functional impairment [ Time Frame: 12 months ]
- Patient quality of life [ Time Frame: 12 month ]
|Study Start Date:||May 2007|
|Study Completion Date:||February 2009|
|Primary Completion Date:||February 2009 (Final data collection date for primary outcome measure)|
Patients with diagnosis of Bipolar Disorder (DSM-IV TR)
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT00584961
|Study Director:||Pfizer CT.gov Call Center||Pfizer|