Prevalence of the Metabolic Syndrome in SPR Taking Antipsychotics
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00569504|
Recruitment Status : Unknown
Verified June 2009 by Seoul National Hospital.
Recruitment status was: Recruiting
First Posted : December 7, 2007
Last Update Posted : June 12, 2009
|Condition or disease|
|Metabolic Syndrome Schizophrenia|
Schizophrenic patients taking any kind of antipsychotics for at least 1 year at the Seoul National Hospital will be participated in this study.
we are planning to enroll approximately 1000 patients with schizophrenia.
For each subject
- abdominal circumference
- body mass index
- lipid profile : TG, HDL-chlo, total chol
- systolic/diastolic blood pressure
- fasting blood glucose will be measured.
we will calculate the rates of patients who meet the criteria for the Metabolic syndrome.
- Abdominal obesity : absolute criteria
2 or more of followings
- Triglyceride ≥ 150mg/dL or ongoing treatment
- HDL-cholesterol ＜ 40mg/dL (men) HDL-cholesterol ＜ 50mg/dL (female) or ongoing treatment
- Hypertension 130mmHg ≥ systolic 85mmHg ≥ diastolic or ongoing treatment
- FBS ≥ 100mg/dL or previous diagnosis of type II DM
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Estimated Enrollment :||1000 participants|
|Official Title:||Prevalence of the Metabolic Syndrome in Patients With Schizophrenia Taking Antipsychotics|
|Study Start Date :||December 2007|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||September 2009|
inpatients and outpatients in Seoul National Hospital
- metabolic syndrome [ Time Frame: cross-sectional ]
- each factor of metabolic syndrome
Biospecimen Retention: Samples Without DNA
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT00569504
|Contact: Shi Hyun Kang, M.D.||email@example.com|
|Korea, Republic of|
|Seoul National Hospital||Recruiting|
|Seoul, Korea, Republic of, 139-757|
|Contact: Shi Hyun Kang, M.D. 82-2-2204-0326 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Study Director:||Jong-il Lee, M.D.||Seoul National Hospital|