Safety and Pregnancy Outcomes in Thrombocythemia Patients Exposed to XAGRID® (Anagrelide Hydrochloride) Compared to Other Treatments
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00567502|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : December 5, 2007
Results First Posted : November 17, 2015
Last Update Posted : November 17, 2015
|Condition or disease|
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Actual Enrollment :||3647 participants|
|Official Title:||A Non-Interventional, Post Authorisation Safety Study, to Continuously Monitor Safety and Pregnancy Outcomes in a Cohort of At-Risk Essential Thrombocythaemia (ET) Subjects Exposed to Xagrid Compared to Other Conventional Cytoreductive Treatments|
|Study Start Date :||May 2005|
|Primary Completion Date :||April 2014|
|Study Completion Date :||April 2014|
XAGRID® (anagrelide hydrochloride)
Xagrid + Other cytoreductive
- Percentage of Participants With At Least One Pre-Defined Event (PDE), Deaths, Pregnancies [ Time Frame: Up to 5 years ]Pre-defined events (PDEs) were evaluated whenever an event occurred and was defined by a panel of independent qualified physicians, blinded to cytoreductive therapy, validated all PDEs prior to analysis (Event Validation Panel). Non-PDE death only included deaths not recorded as outcome of another PDE.
- Number of Participants With Suspected Serious Adverse Reaction (SSAR) Events [ Time Frame: Up to 5 years ]SSAR: serious adverse event (SAE) that was considered related to cytoreductive therapy. SAE: any untoward medical occurrence that at any dose resulted in death, life-threatening (at the time of the event), in-patient hospitalization/prolongation of existing hospitalization (elective hospitalizations/procedures for pre-existing conditions that had not worsened were excluded), resulted in persistent or significant disability/incapacity or congenital abnormality/birth defect. Relatedness (suspected/not suspected) to XAGRID or other cytoreductive theraphy was determined by the investigator. As for SSARs, it was important to consider whether the events were related to XAGRID or other cytoreductive therapy. A participant was included in Xagrid or other treatment group based on treatment exposure, participants received Xagrid + Other was counted both in Xagrid and other treatment group.
- Event Rate of Thrombohaemorrhagic Events [ Time Frame: Up to 5 years ]Event Rate of Thrombohaemorrhagic Events was calculated by dividing number of participants with events by total patient-year exposure. The reporting unit is per 100 participant-years of treatment exposure. Thrombohaemorrhagic Events is a composite endpoint of the PDEs myocardial infarction, angina, stroke, transient ischaemic attack, venous thromboembolic events, intermittent claudication/digital ischaemia, and major haemorrhagic events.
- Platelet Count [ Time Frame: Baseline, Month 6,12,18, 24, 30, 36, 42, 48, 54, 60 ]
- Duration of Exposure for Each Essential Thrombocythemia (ET) Therapy [ Time Frame: Up to 5 years ]Total duration for each participant = sum of [stop date - start date + 1] across all periods of time where the specific treatment was taken during the study, where start date = registration/consent date for treatments started before registration/consent date and/or stop date withdrawal/final date for treatments ongoing at the time of withdrawal/end of study. Where a participant has multiple records of the same therapy on the same day, the therapy is counted once for that day.
- Cumulative Dose for Each Essential Thrombocythemia (ET) Therapy [ Time Frame: Up to 5 years ]Since the study is observational nature, interpreting the table is difficult due to inconsistencies in reporting the units of the dose.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT00567502
Show 164 Study Locations
|Principal Investigator:||Gunnar Birgegard, MD||University Hospital, Uppsala, Sweden|