Raltegravir Kaletra Pharmacokinetics (RAL-KAL)
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00564772|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : November 28, 2007
Last Update Posted : June 17, 2008
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Healthy||Drug: Raltegravir, lopinavir, ritonavir||Phase 4|
This will be an open-label, 3-period, fixed sequence study in young, healthy, male and female subjects. The initial cohort, to be studied simultaneously, will be 15 subjects with intention to collect complete data from 12 subjects. Replacements will be subsequently enrolled if necessary. Subjects will be reimbursed.
The periods will be
- Period 1: Raltegravir (RAL) 400 mg q12h for 4 days (7 doses of RAL).
- Period 2: Kaletra 200 mg 2 pills bid for 10 days (19 doses of Kaletra).
- Period 3: both regimens for 4 days (7 doses of both drugs). All morning doses will be observed at Prism Research, Inc. Evening doses will be distributed each morning. 12 hour PK studies will be done on the last day of each period. Specimens will be obtained 0, 0.5, 1, 1.5, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 10, 12 hours after the morning dose of the last dosing day of each period.
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Actual Enrollment :||15 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Single Group Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Official Title:||An Open-Label, Sequential, 3-Period Study to Evaluate Pharmacokinetics of Coadministered Raltegravir (Isentress) and Lopinavir-Ritonavir (Kaletra) in Healthy Adults|
|Study Start Date :||November 2007|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||December 2007|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||December 2007|
Experimental: single arm
all subjects dosed the same
Drug: Raltegravir, lopinavir, ritonavir
4 days of raltegravir, then 10 days of Kaletra, then 4 days of both with 12 PK sampling at the end of each period.
- drug levels of lopinavir, ritonavir, raltegravir [ Time Frame: 2 months ]
- safety [ Time Frame: 2 months ]
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT00564772
|United States, Minnesota|
|Prism Research Inc|
|St Paul, Minnesota, United States, 55114|
|Principal Investigator:||Frank S Rhame, MD||Allina Hospitals & Clinics|