A Study to Evaluate Safety of Long Term Therapy of Certolizumab Pegol Patients With Crohn's Disease
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00552344|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : November 1, 2007
Results First Posted : January 21, 2016
Last Update Posted : February 29, 2016
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Crohn Disease||Biological: Cimzia||Phase 3|
This study consisted of:
- Induction Period (dosing at Weeks 0, 2, and 4)
- Maintenance Dosing (dosing every 4 weeks up to Week 260)
- End of Treatment Visit that occurred at Week 262/Withdrawal Visit and a Safety Follow-up Visit (SFU; 12 weeks after final dose)
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Actual Enrollment :||403 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Single Group Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Official Title:||A Phase IIIb, Multinational, Open-label, follow-on Trial to C87085 Designed to Assess the Long-term Safety of Certolizumab Pegol, a Pegylated Fab' Fragment of a Humanized Anti-TNF-alpha Monoclonal Antibody, Administered at Weeks 0, 2 and 4, and Then Every 4 Weeks Thereafter, in Subjects With Moderately to Severely Active Crohn's Disease Who Have Participated in Study C87085|
|Study Start Date :||May 2008|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||December 2014|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||December 2014|
Experimental: Certolizumab Pegol
Certolizumab Pegol 200 mg/vial; 400 mg subcutaneously at Week 0, 2 and 4, thereafter 400 mg subcutaneously at every 4 weeks.
- Percentage of Subjects With at Least One Adverse Event (AE) During the Duration of the Study C87088 (up to 272 Weeks) [ Time Frame: From study start to the end of the Safety Follow-up Period (up to 272 weeks) ]An AE is defined as any untoward medical occurrence in a subject or clinical investigation subject administered a pharmaceutical product and which does not necessarily have a causal relationship with this treatment.
- Percentage of Subjects With at Least One Serious Adverse Event (SAE) During the Duration of the Study C87088 (up to 272 Weeks) [ Time Frame: From study start to the end of the Safety Follow-up Period (up to 272 weeks) ]An SAE is defined as any untoward medical occurrence that occurs at any dose which results in death, is life threatening, requires hospitalization, results in persistent/significant disability/incapacity, is an infection that requires parenteral antibiotics, is a congenital anomaly/birth defect, or is an important medical event.
- Percentage of Subjects Achieving Harvey Bradshaw Index (HBI) Remission (HBI ≤ 4) at Study Completion Visit (Week 262) [ Time Frame: Week 262 ]HBI remission is defined as total HBI score of 4 points or less. HBI score consists of clinical parameters of general well-being (0 to 4), abdominal pain (0 to 3), number of liquid stools per day, abdominal mass (0 to 3), and complications (8 items, score 1 per item) lower scores indicating better well being. The first three parameters are scored for the previous day.
- Percentage of Subjects Achieving Inflamatory Bowel Disease Questionnaire (IBDQ) Remission (IBDQ ≥ 170) at Study Completion Visit (Week 262) [ Time Frame: Week 262 ]IBDQ remission is defined as having a total IBDQ score of 170 points or greater. IBDQ score consists of 32 questions eaching having a score of 1 to 7. Overall scores range from 32 to 224.
- Plasma Concentration of Certolizumab Pegol After 1 Year (Week 52) [ Time Frame: Week 52 ]Plasma samples for determination of Certolizumab Pegol were taken prior to Certolizumab Pegol administration.
- Percentage of Subjects With Positive Anti-CZP Anti-body Status at Any Time From Week 0 of the Feeder Study C87085 to the Study Completion Visit in C87088 [ Time Frame: From Week 0 of study C87085 [NCT00552058] to Study Completion Visit (Week 262) of C87088 (up to 268 weeks) ]Subjects are counted as antibody positive to Certolizumab Pegol if they have at least one positive result from Week 0 in the previous study C87085 [NCT00552058] to the Last Visit in this study. A positive result is defined as Anti-CZP antibody levels > 2.4 units/mL.
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT00552344
Show 100 Study Locations
|Study Director:||UCB Clinical Trial Call Center||+1 877 822 9493 (UCB)|