A Safety and Tolerability Study of SCH 721015 in Patients With Transitional Cell Carcinoma of the Bladder (Study P03816)
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00536588|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : September 28, 2007
Last Update Posted : March 27, 2015
Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp.
Information provided by (Responsible Party):
Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp.
The purpose of this first-in-human study is to determine the safety and tolerability of SCH 721015 in subjects with transitional cell carcinoma of the bladder.
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Bladder Neoplasms||Genetic: SCH 721015 with SCH 209702||Phase 1|
A nonrandomized, open-label, rising-dose, parallel-group, multi-center study of SCH 721015 in patients with papillary bladder cancer, or carcinoma in situ that is refractory to Bacillus Calmette-Guerin. Subjects will receive a single intravesical administration of SCH 721015 with SCH 209702 in a total volume of 75 mL with a 1-hour dwell time. Subjects who at 3 months post administration demonstrate a complete response (CR on cystoscopy/biopsy and cytology) and who did not experience dose-limiting toxicity will be allowed to receive a second intravesical administration at the same dose level.
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Actual Enrollment :||17 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Single Group Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Official Title:||A Phase 1 Study of the Safety and Tolerability of Intravesical Administration of SCH 721015 in Patients With Transitional Cell Carcinoma of the Bladder|
|Study Start Date :||September 2006|
|Primary Completion Date :||August 2009|
|Study Completion Date :||August 2009|
|Experimental: SCH 721015 with SCH 209702||
Genetic: SCH 721015 with SCH 209702
Each subject receives a single intravesical administration of SCH 721015 with SCH 209702 at dose levels of 1 x 10^9 to 3 x 10^11 particles/mL (based on assessment of tolerability, intermediate dose levels may be used).
Primary Outcome Measures :
- Adverse events, laboratory safety tests, dose-limiting toxicity [ Time Frame: CBC/chemistry: predose, Days 1-3, 7, 14, 21, & 28, Week 12. ]
- Adverse events, laboratory safety tests, dose-limiting toxicity [ Time Frame: Additional hematology on Days 4, 5, & 6. ]
- Adverse events, laboratory safety tests, dose-limiting toxicity [ Time Frame: AEs: Duration of study; up to 3 years postdose for serious events. ]
- Adverse events, laboratory safety tests, dose-limiting toxicity [ Time Frame: ECG and VS - predose and selected postdose time points. ]
Secondary Outcome Measures :
- Timed urine collections for IFNα2b excretion & IP-10. [ Time Frame: Days 1-7, 10, 14, 21, & 28/29. ]
- Urine samples for SCH 721015 DNA content. [ Time Frame: Predose, Days 1-7 & 14. ]
- Blood samples for SCH 721015 DNA; SCH 209702, & IFNα2b levels; antiadenoviral & anti-IFNα2b antibodies [ Time Frame: Pre- & postdose for SCH 721015 DNA; SCH 721015, & IFNα2b levels; & postdose for antibodies. ]
- Urine cytology & FISH [ Time Frame: Days 1, 30 & 90 ]
- Cystoscopy & bladder biopsies [ Time Frame: Screening & Day 90 ]
No Contacts or Locations Provided