Screening for Gynecologic Cancers in Hereditary Nonpolyposis Colorectal Cancer (HNPCC) Patients
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00508846|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : July 30, 2007
Last Update Posted : March 11, 2016
Among women with HNPCC, this study will assess:
- Knowledge of screening recommendations for endometrial and ovarian cancers.
- Perceived risk and cancer worries regarding endometrial, ovarian and colorectal cancers.
- Adherence to screening recommendations for endometrial, ovarian and colon cancers.
- Perceived benefits,supports and barriers to endometrial and ovarian cancer screening.
- Patterns of communication about endometrial and ovarian cancer risk within families with HNPCC and with health care providers.
- Patient preferences for potential cancer screening and cancer prevention strategies related to HNPCC-associated cancers.
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment|
|Colon Cancer||Behavioral: Questionnaire|
Women who are at risk for HNPCC will be recruited to participate in this pilot study.
Women will be invited to participate in the study either through a mailed invitation or during a visit to M.D. Anderson for clinical services or for research purposes.
Women who wish to participate in the study will complete an informed consent, and will subsequently schedule an appointment with a research coordinator to complete the study questionnaire by telephone.
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Actual Enrollment :||93 participants|
|Official Title:||Screening for Gynecologic Cancers Among Women With Hereditary Non-Polyposis Colon Cancer (HNPCC)|
|Study Start Date :||May 2003|
|Primary Completion Date :||March 2016|
|Study Completion Date :||March 2016|
Two-part telephone questionnaire lasting about 60 minutes total.
Other Name: Survey
- Patient Responses to Questionnaire [ Time Frame: 7 Years ]Outcomes measuring demographics, surveillance behaviors, perceived risk, and cancer worries, screening supports/benefits and barriers.
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT00508846
|United States, Texas|
|University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center|
|Houston, Texas, United States, 77030|
|Principal Investigator:||Susan Peterson, PhD||M.D. Anderson Cancer Center|