Cardiovascular Disease Screening
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00483951|
Recruitment Status : Suspended
First Posted : June 8, 2007
Last Update Posted : October 18, 2018
This study will evaluate volunteers 18 years of age and older to see if they qualify for one of NHLBI s research studies. Tests include the following:
- General medical evaluation, which may include blood tests, chest x-ray, electrocardiogram (ECG) and echocardiogram (heart ultrasound).
- Other tests as appropriate, such as magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), cardiac computed tomography (CT scan of the heart), nuclear stress test and echocardiography stress test.
- X-ray contrast studies of the heart and blood vessels. (These may be excluded in patients with kidney risk factors.)
|Condition or disease|
|Congenital Heart Disease Atherosclerosis Myocardial Ischemia Myocardial Infarction Acquired Heart Disease|
This is a screening protocol. This protocol allows two functions: 1) the protocol allows physicians in the Suburban/NHLBI Cardiovascular Imaging program to evaluate patients referred to the program with clinically indicated studies and research studies. 2) It is also designed to determine if patients may be suitable candidates for one of our NHLBI research protocols.
Patients greater than or equal to 18 years of age referred for possible cardiovascular disease will be enrolled in the protocol for a period of one year. At one year, patients will either be: 1) transferred to one of our specific research MRI or CT protocols, 2) removed from the screening protocol and made inactive, or 3) re-enrolled on the screening protocol with the patient s consent.
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Actual Enrollment :||1325 participants|
|Official Title:||Suburban/NHLBI Cardiovascular Disease Screening Protocol|
|Study Start Date :||June 6, 2007|
- to evaluate patients with known or suspected cardiovascular disease with a combination of electrocardiography, chest Xray, nuclear stress testing, laboratory testing, echocardiography, stress echocardiography, cardiac CT, and cardiac MRI.The outcome of this screening protocol will be more complete characterization of patients for the purpose of deciding whether they are eligible for research protocols run by the Laboratory of Cardiac Energetics, the Cardiothoracic Surgery Branch, or the CardiovascularBranch.
- The outcome of this screening protocol will be more complete characterization of patients for the purpose of deciding whether they are eligible for research protocols run by the LCE/CPB.
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT00483951
|United States, Maryland|
|Bethesda, Maryland, United States, 20814|
|National Institutes of Health Clinical Center, 9000 Rockville Pike|
|Bethesda, Maryland, United States, 20892|
|Principal Investigator:||Andrew E Arai, M.D.||National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI)|