Sunitinib Malate in Treating Patients With Recurrent or Metastatic Endometrial Cancer
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00478426|
Recruitment Status : Active, not recruiting
First Posted : May 24, 2007
Last Update Posted : October 25, 2017
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Endometrial Adenocarcinoma Endometrial Endometrioid Adenocarcinoma Endometrial Serous Adenocarcinoma Recurrent Uterine Corpus Carcinoma Stage IVA Uterine Corpus Cancer Stage IVB Uterine Corpus Cancer Uterine Carcinosarcoma Uterine Corpus Carcinosarcoma||Drug: Sunitinib Malate||Phase 2|
I. To assess the objective response rate of recurrent or metastatic endometrial cancer to sunitinib (sunitinib malate).
II. To assess the frequency of prolonged stable disease (as defined by percentage [%] of patients alive and free from progressive disease at 6 months) in patients with recurrent or metastatic endometrial cancer treated with sunitinib.
I. To assess time-to- progression, median overall survival, and rate of one-year survival in patients with recurrent or metastatic endometrial cancer treated with sunitinib.
II. To assess the toxicity associated with sunitinib in patients with recurrent or metastatic endometrial cancer.
Patients receive sunitinib malate orally (PO) once daily (QD) on days 1-28. Courses repeat every 6 weeks in the absence of disease progression or unacceptable toxicity.
After the completion of study treatment, patients are followed up at 4 weeks and then every 3 months until relapse.
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Estimated Enrollment :||30 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Single Group Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Official Title:||A Phase 2 Study of Sunitinib Malate in Recurrent or Metastatic Endometrial Carcinoma|
|Actual Study Start Date :||April 30, 2007|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date :||October 31, 2017|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||October 31, 2017|
Experimental: Treatment (sunitinib malate)
Patients receive sunitinib malate PO QD on days 1-28. Courses repeat every 6 weeks in the absence of disease progression or unacceptable toxicity.
Drug: Sunitinib Malate
- Objective response rate, defined as the rate of complete or partial response as defined by the Response Evaluation Criteria for Solid Tumors [ Time Frame: Up to 7 years ]
- Incidence of adverse effects assessed by Common Terminology Criteria for Adverse Events version 3.0 [ Time Frame: Up to 7 years ]Adverse events will be summarized in tabular form, describing all adverse events, and sub-tables describing all attributable (possibly, probably or definitely related) and all serious (grade 3 or higher) adverse events will also be constructed.
- Incidence of prolonged stable disease (i.e., best response of stable disease that is maintained for at least 6 months) [ Time Frame: Up to 7 years ]
- Overall survival [ Time Frame: Up to 7 years ]Estimated using the Kaplan-Meier method.
- Time to progression [ Time Frame: Up to 7 years ]
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT00478426
Show 29 Study Locations
|Principal Investigator:||Amit Oza||University Health Network-Princess Margaret Hospital|