Talotrexin in Treating Young Patients With Recurrent Solid Tumors or Leukemia That is Recurrent or Does Not Respond to Treatment
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00458744|
Recruitment Status : Withdrawn (Study withdrawn because of toxicity reported on the adult phase 1 trial.)
First Posted : April 11, 2007
Last Update Posted : August 8, 2014
RATIONALE: Drugs used in chemotherapy, such as talotrexin, work in different ways to stop the growth of cancer cells, either by killing the cells or by stopping them from dividing.
PURPOSE: This phase I trial is studying the side effects and best dose of talotrexin in treating young patients with recurrent solid tumors or leukemia that is recurrent or does not respond to treatment.
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Brain and Central Nervous System Tumors Leukemia Lymphoma Unspecified Childhood Solid Tumor, Protocol Specific||Drug: talotrexin Procedure: chemotherapy||Phase 1|
- Estimate the maximum tolerated dose (MTD) and recommended phase II dose of talotrexin in younger patients with recurrent solid tumors or recurrent or refractory leukemia.
- Determine the toxicity of this drug in these patients.
- Determine the antitumor activity of this drug in these patients.
- Assess the tolerability of the defined MTD of this drug in these patients.
OUTLINE: This is a dose-escalation, multicenter study. Patients are stratified according to diagnosis (solid tumor vs leukemia).
- Stratum 1 (recurrent solid tumor): Patients receive talotrexin IV over 10 minutes on days 1 and 8. Treatment repeats every 21 days for up to 17 courses in the absence of disease progression or unacceptable toxicity.
Cohorts of 3-6 patients receive escalating doses of talotrexin until the maximum tolerated dose (MTD) is determined. The MTD is defined as the dose preceding that at which 2 of 3 or 2 of 6 patients experience dose-limiting toxicity (DLT).
- Stratum 2 (recurrent or refractory leukemia): A cohort of 3-6 patients with leukemia receive treatment as in stratum 1 at the MTD determined in stratum 1. If 2 or 3 or 2 of 6 patients experience a DLT at the solid tumor MTD, accrual is stopped.
After completion of study treatment, patients are followed for 30 days.
PROJECTED ACCRUAL: A total of 36 patients will be accrued for this study.
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Actual Enrollment :||0 participants|
|Official Title:||A Phase I Study Of Talotrexin (PT-523) In Children And Adolescents With Recurrent Solid Tumors Or Recurrent/Refractory Leukemias|
|Study Start Date :||February 2007|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date :||July 2008|
- Maximum tolerated dose of talotrexin
- Antitumor activity
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT00458744
|Study Chair:||James Croop, MD, PhD||Riley's Children Cancer Center at Riley Hospital for Children|
|Study Chair:||Sultan Ahmed Pradhan, MD||Tata Memorial Hospital|