Chevron Osteotomy Versus SCARF Osteotomy in the Treatment of Hallux Valgus
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00455676|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : April 4, 2007
Last Update Posted : December 30, 2008
Comparison between two techniques of osteotomy wich are more or less invasive : two criterias : clinical data and x-rays data.
All patients operated for hallux valgus for 01/01/99 to 31/12/03 in the department of bone surgery CHU Limoges :
- Scarf or Jonhson (chevron) osteotomy
- Experienced surgeon : Pr ARNAUD, Pr MABIT or Pr CHARISSOUX.
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment|
|Hallux Valgus||Procedure: Chevron osteotomy versus Scarf osteotomy|
Prospective assessmentfor all patients with an average follow up of 5 years :
- Groulier score scale (similar to AOFAS score rating)
- X-rays data
- Clinical evaluation
- Pedoscopic data.
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Estimated Enrollment :||74 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Single Group Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Official Title:||Chevron Osteotomy Versus SCARF Osteotomy in the Treatment of Hallux Valgus|
|Study Start Date :||June 2006|
|Study Completion Date :||November 2006|
- Comparison between two techniques of osteotomy wich are more or less invasive : two criterias : clinical data and x-rays data.
- Extension of chevron osteotomy indication. Check of results for one-year more operated patients by chevron osteotomy.
- Comparaison of both techniques concerning post-operative complication.
- Search of significative difference about satisfaction of patients.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT00455676
|Department of Bone Surgery|
|Limoges, France, 87000|
|Principal Investigator:||Chistrian MABIT, MD||CHU Limoges|