Trial of Iloprost in Pulmonary Hypertension Secondary to Pulmonary Fibrosis
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00439543|
Recruitment Status : Unknown
Verified February 2007 by Interstitial Lung Disease Study Group, Korea.
Recruitment status was: Not yet recruiting
First Posted : February 23, 2007
Last Update Posted : February 23, 2007
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Pulmonary Fibrosis Pulmonary Hypertension||Drug: Iloprost inhalation||Phase 2 Phase 3|
- Prospective open labeled observational study
- Subjects: About 15 patients with secondary pulmonary hypertension due to IPF or pulmonary fibrosis associated with collagen vascular diseases.
- Method: 3 month trial of inhaled iloprost. Check the safty and measure the pulmonary arterial pressure by right heart catheterization, exercise capacity by 6 minute walking test, echocardiography, and quality of life questionnaires before and after the trial.
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Enrollment :||15 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Single Group Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Official Title:||Inhaled Iloprost in Pulmonary Hypertension Secondary to Pulmonary Fibrosis|
|Study Start Date :||March 2007|
|Study Completion Date :||August 2007|
- Pulmonary arterial pressure
- Exercise capacity (6 minute walking test)
- 6 minute walking test: Min. oxygen saturation.
- NYHA class,
- Quality of life (St. George Respiratory questionnaires)
- Pulmonary vascular resistance, cardiac output.
- Increment of pulmonary arterial pressure after the exercise
- 6) Pulmonary function test
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT00439543
|Contact: Dong Soon Kim, MDemail@example.com|
|Contact: Sook Hee Jung, RNfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Korea, Republic of|
|Pulmonary Medicine, Asan Medical Center, Ulsan University||Not yet recruiting|
|Seoul, Korea, Republic of, 138-736|
|Principal Investigator: Dong Soon Kim, MD|
|Principal Investigator:||Dong Soon Kim, MD||Asan Medical Center, Ulsan University, Seoul, Korea, Republic of|