Gemcitabine and Oxaliplatin (GEMOX) in First Line Metastatic or Recurrent Nasopharyngeal Carcinoma
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00436800|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : February 19, 2007
Last Update Posted : September 18, 2009
To evaluate the response rate of biweekly gemcitabine and oxaliplatin (the GEMOX regimen) in the first line treatment of metastatic or recurrent nasopharyngeal carcinoma.
To assess the toxicity, duration of response, time to progression, progression-free survival, overall survival and cancer-related symptoms in the first line treatment of patients with metastatic or recurrent NPC.
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Nasopharyngeal Neoplasms||Drug: Gemcitabine Drug: Oxaliplatin||Phase 2|
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Actual Enrollment :||41 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Single Group Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Official Title:||Gemcitabine and Oxaliplatin in First Line Metastatic or Recurrent Nasopharyngeal Carcinoma (NPC)|
|Study Start Date :||March 2005|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||October 2008|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||October 2008|
Gemcitabine on Day 1 followed by Oxaliplatin on Day 2. The regimen is given every 2 weeks to a maximum of 12 cycles.
1000mg/m² over 10mg/m²/min
100 mg/m² over 2 hours.
- Efficacy: Tumor response rate based on Response Evaluation Criteria in Solid Tumour (RECIST) criteria [ Time Frame: Baseline to end of study ]
- Safety: Clinical and laboratory criteria [ Time Frame: Baseline to end of study ]
- The incidence of adverse events based on National Cancer Institute Common Terminology Criteria for Adverse Events version 3.0 [ Time Frame: Baseline to 30 days post treatment ]
- Occurrence of serious adverse events (SAE) [ Time Frame: Baseline to 30 days post treatment ]
- Drop-out rate [ Time Frame: End of study ]
- Toxicity, duration of response, time to progression, progression-free survival, overall survival and cancer-related symptoms. [ Time Frame: Baseline to end of study ]
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT00436800
|Sanofi-Aventis Administrative Office|
|Hong Kong, Hong Kong|
|Study Director:||Iris Chan||Sanofi|