Effects of FTY720 on Heart and Lung Functions in Healthy Volunteers
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00416845|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : December 28, 2006
Last Update Posted : June 4, 2010
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Healthy||Drug: FTY720||Phase 1|
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Actual Enrollment :||39 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Parallel Assignment|
|Official Title:||A Randomized, Parallel Group, Double-blind, Placebo Controlled, 14 Days Multiple-dose Treatment to Assess the Pulmonary and Cardiac Pharmacodynamics of FTY720 (0.5 and 1.25 mg) in Healthy Volunteers|
|Study Start Date :||October 2006|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||March 2007|
- Effects of two doses of FTY720 on lung and cardiac (heart) functions in healthy volunteers.
- Treatment initiation effect on heart rhythm.
- Duration of dynamic effect on heart rate and rhythm.
- Treatment initiation effect and duration of this effect on cardiac output and stroke volume.
- Treatment initiation effect and the duration of this effect on pulmonary function with methacholine challenge.
- Pharmacodynamic effect on absolute lymphocyte count.
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT00416845
|United States, New Jersey|
|Novartis Investigative Site|
|East Hanover, New Jersey, United States, 07936-1080|
|Principal Investigator:||Novartis||Investigator site|