Infections Caused by ESbL-Producing Enterobacteriaceae in Italy
Recruitment status was Recruiting
To assess the molecular epidemiology, clinical impact, treatment outcome and risk factors for infections caused by Enterobacteriaceae producing ESBLs in Italy in a large multicenter observational survey.
- To collect consecutive nonreplicate isolates of Enterobacteriaceae resistant to expanded-spectrum cephalosporins from clinical specimens from inpatients and outpatients.
- To characterize the isolates for resistance phenotypes and for β-lactam resistance mechanisms.
- To investigate the clonality of isolates.
- To analyse the epidemiology of various resistance mechanisms/resistant clones.
- To collect clinical and epidemiological data for patients with infections caused by the ESBL producers.
- To analyse the epidemiology, risk factors and outcome for infections caused by ESBL producers.
Urinary Tract Infections
Behavioral: Risk factors for infections due to ESBL+ Enterobacteriaceae
Behavioral: Risk factors for inadequate initial antimicrobial therapy
Behavioral: Overall and 30-day mortality in bad first antibiotic therapy
|Study Design:||Observational Model: Case Control
Primary Purpose: Screening
Time Perspective: Cross-Sectional
|Official Title:||Infections Caused by Enterobacteriaceae Producing Extended-Spectrum β-Lactamases in Italy: Molecular Epidemiology, Clinical Impact, Treatment Outcome and Risk Factors|
|Study Start Date:||October 2006|
|Estimated Study Completion Date:||November 2006|
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT00404625
|Contact: Gian Maria Rossolini, professore||+39 0577 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Università Politecnica delle Marche||Recruiting|
|Ancona, Italy, 60100|
|Contact: Giorgio Scalise, MD|
|A.O. “Ospedali Riuniti di Bergamo”||Recruiting|
|Bergamo, Italy, 24128|
|Contact: Fredy Suter, MD|
|Univeristà di Firenze, Ospedale Careggi||Recruiting|
|Firenze, Italy, 50134|
|Contact: Franco Paradisi, Professore|
|Ospedale Niguarda Ca' Granda||Recruiting|
|Milano, Italy, 20159|
|Contact: Liliana Caggese, MD|
|Università Cattolica S. Cuore, Policlinico Gemelli||Recruiting|
|Roma, Italy, 00168|
|Contact: Roberto Cauda, Professore|
|Principal Investigator: Evelina Tacconelli, MD|
|Università di Varese||Recruiting|
|Varese, Italy, 21100|
|Contact: Paolo Grossi, MD|
|Study Chair:||Gian Maria Rossolini, professore||Università di Siena|