CD133+ Autologous Cells After Myocardial Infarction
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00400959|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : November 17, 2006
Last Update Posted : November 17, 2006
TITLE Intracoronary injection of CD133+ autologous hematopoietic cells after myocardial infarction.
TRIAL DESIGN Pilot phase I/II parallel group study, with an untreated control group.
SPONSOR IRCCS Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico Milano INDICATION Acute myocardial infarction (AMI). TARGET POPULATION Patients (pts) with AMI treated with Primary Coronary Angioplasty (PTCA) with successful recanalization but unsuccessful reperfusion (myocardial blush (MB) grade 0 or 1 and less than 70% ST segment elevation resolution (STeR) (see Poli et al., Circulation, 2002).
- To evaluate the safety of intracoronary injection of CD133+ cells from autologous bone marrow (ABM) and mobilized peripheral blood (MPB) in the target population.
To evaluate the efficacy, of the selective injection of CD133+ cells from ABM and MPB in the culprit vessel of the target population, on regional and global contractile function and on perfusion and metabolism of the infarcted area, depending on cell dose and comparing to controls.
- To evaluate the disease-related morbility of the target population.
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Acute Myocardial Infarction||Procedure: cd133+cell intracoronary administration||Phase 1 Phase 2|
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Enrollment :||15 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Parallel Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Official Title:||Intracoronary Injection of CD133+ Autologous Hematopoietic Cells After Myocardial Infarction|
|Study Start Date :||June 2004|
|Study Completion Date :||October 2006|
- myocardial flow (MF) (mL/g/min) evaluated by Positron Emission Tomography(PET) with Nitrogen-13 ammonia (13NH3),
- Ejection fraction (%) evaluated by 2D echocardiography;
- perfusion/metabolism mismatch (P/Mm) evaluated by PET with Fluorine-18 fluorodeoxyglucose (FDG);
- Left Ventricular Wall Motion Score Index (LVWMSI) evaluated by 2D
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT00400959
|Cell Factory, department of regenerative medicine, Policlinic of Milan|
|Principal Investigator:||Rosaria Giordano, MD||Cell Factory Department of Regenerative Medicine Policlinic Milan|