Scale Validation Study for Prediction of Relapse and Short Term Rehospitalization in Patients With Schizophrenia (PRE-COG)
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00358852|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : August 1, 2006
Last Update Posted : March 19, 2014
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment|
|Schizophrenia||Other: No intervention|
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Actual Enrollment :||2339 participants|
|Official Title:||Scale Validation of Prediction of Relapse and Rehospitalization Short Term in Patients With Schizophrenia|
|Study Start Date :||August 2006|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||September 2008|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||September 2008|
|Patients with Schizophrenia||
Other: No intervention
This is an observational study. The data will be collected of patients suffering from schizophrenia and schizoaffective disorder / schizophreniform.
- Time to short-term relapse [ Time Frame: Up to 12 months ]Time to early relapse of patients discharged from a short-stay psychiatric hospitalisation unit.
- Number of readmission of patients [ Time Frame: Up to 12 months ]Readmission in short-stay psychiatric hospital units when the schizophrenia or schizoaffective or schizophreniform disorder relapse.
- Clinical Global Impression - Severity (CGI-S) Score [ Time Frame: Up to 3 years ]The CGI-S rating scale is used to rate the severity of a patient's psychotic condition on a 7-point scale. It is rated as follows: 1=Normal, not at all ill, 2=Borderline mentally ill, 3=Mildly ill, 4=Moderately ill, 5=Markedly ill, 6=Severely ill, and 7=Among the most extremely ill. Higher scores indicate worsening.
- Duration of disease [ Time Frame: Within 3 years before the study start ]
- Drug abuse [ Time Frame: Within 3 years before the study start ]
- Psychiatric diagnosis [ Time Frame: Within 3 years before the study start ]Patients diagnosed with Schizophrenia or Schizoaffective/schizophreniform disorder.
- Previous stress or event [ Time Frame: Within 3 years before the study start ]
- Hospitalizations in the previous 3 years [ Time Frame: Within 3 years before the study start ]
- Adherence to the psychiatric treatment [ Time Frame: Within 3 years before the study start ]
- Previous pharmacological treatment [ Time Frame: Within 3 years before the study start ]
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT00358852
|Study Director:||Janssen-Cilag S.A., Spain Clinical Trial||Janssen-Cilag, S.A.|