Risedronate 75mg Dosed on 2 Consecutive Days Monthly in the Treatment of Osteoporosis in Postmenopausal Women
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00358176|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : July 31, 2006
Last Update Posted : December 15, 2009
To confirm the non-inferiority of 75 mg risedronate tablets taken on 2 consecutive days per month as compared to 5 mg risedronate tablets taken daily in increasing bone mass in lumbar spine in postmenopausal women with osteoporosis.
To confirm the efficacy of 75 mg risedronate tablets taken on 2 consecutive days per month in postmenopausal women with osteoporosis in increasing bone mass in proximal femur, femoral neck and femoral trochanter and decreasing bone resorption.
To confirm general safety of 75 mg risedronate tablets taken on 2 consecutive days per month as compared to 5 mg risedronate taken daily.
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Osteoporosis Postmenopausal||Drug: Risedronate (HMR4003)||Phase 3|
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Actual Enrollment :||1231 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Parallel Assignment|
|Masking:||Double (Participant, Investigator)|
|Official Title:||A Multicenter, Double-blind, Randomized, Active-controlled, Parallel Group, Noninferiority Study Comparing 75mg Risedronate Dosed on 2 Consecutive Days Monthly With 5mg Daily Risedronate in the Treatment of Postmenopausal Osteoporosis as Assessed Over 24 Months.|
|Study Start Date :||July 2004|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||March 2007|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||March 2007|
- Percent change from baseline in lumbar spine bone mineral density (BMD) at
- Month 12 measured by dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry (DXA).
- Efficacy:Percent change from baseline in Lumbar spine BMD at times other than Month 12, Proximal femur BMD and Bone turnover markers.
- Safety: AEs, clinical laboratory values, bone biopsies.
- Intact serum parathyroid hormone (PTH 1-84)before treatment and after 3, 12 and 24 months of treatment in approximately 25% of randomly selected trial participants.
- Physical examination before treatment and after 12 and 24 months of treatment.
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT00358176
|United States, New Jersey|
|Bridgewater, New Jersey, United States, 08807|
|San Isidro, Argentina|
|Macquarie Park, Australia|
|Prague, Czech Republic|
|Midrand, South Africa|
|Guildford Surrey, United Kingdom|
|Study Director:||ICD CSD||Sanofi|