Dasatinib in Treating Patients With Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia or Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00345826|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : June 29, 2006
Last Update Posted : January 8, 2013
RATIONALE: Dasatinib may stop the growth of cancer cells by blocking some of the enzymes needed for cell growth.
PURPOSE: This phase I trial is studying the side effects of dasatinib in treating patients with chronic myelogenous leukemia or acute lymphoblastic leukemia.
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Leukemia||Drug: dasatinib||Phase 1|
- Determine the long-term safety and tolerability of dasatinib in patients with Philadelphia chromosome-positive chronic myelogenous leukemia or acute lymphoblastic leukemia resistant or intolerant to imatinib mesylate.
- Describe any hematologic or cytogenetic response in patients treated with this drug.
- Determine the duration of hematologic and cytogenetic response in patients using this drug during trial UCLA-0303035.
- Determine the progression-free survival and overall survival of patients treated with this drug.
OUTLINE: This is an open-label, roll-over study of protocol UCLA-0303035.
Patients receive oral dasatinib once or twice daily for 5, 6, or 7 days. Treatment repeats every 7 days in the absence of disease progression or unacceptable toxicity.
After completion of study treatment, patients are followed periodically for 5 years.
PROJECTED ACCRUAL: A total of 54 patients will be accrued for this study.
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Actual Enrollment :||19 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Single Group Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Official Title:||Long-Term Safety and Efficacy of Dasatinib (BMS-354825) in Subjects Who Experienced Clinical Benefit on Protocol CA 180-002|
|Study Start Date :||November 2005|
|Primary Completion Date :||July 2010|
|Experimental: Dasatinib||Drug: dasatinib|
- Long term safety and tolerability [ Time Frame: 5 years ]
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT00345826
|United States, California|
|Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center at UCLA|
|Los Angeles, California, United States, 90095-1781|
|Principal Investigator:||Charles Sawyers, MD||Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center|