Evaluation of Atorvastatin Treatment on Carotid Plaque.
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00343655|
Recruitment Status : Terminated (The study was terminated on June 22, 2007 for inability to enroll patients within an appropriate timeframe. There were no efficacy/safety concerns.)
First Posted : June 23, 2006
Last Update Posted : June 17, 2008
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Cardiovascular Diseases||Drug: Atorvastatin||Phase 3|
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Estimated Enrollment :||160 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Parallel Assignment|
|Official Title:||A Randomized Clinical Trial Of Atorvastatin 10 Mg And 80 Mg In The Reversal Of Or Stabilization Of Carotid Atheroma Lipid Pool|
|Study Start Date :||January 2007|
|Study Completion Date :||August 2007|
- Change in lipid pool volume from baseline to 18 months in response to atorvastatin 80mg.
- Comparison of effect of atorvastatin 80mg versus 10mg
- Correlation of MRI measure of carotid morphology with cIMT measured by B-mode US.
- Correlation of MRI measure of carotid morphology with DS-CT measure of coronary morphology.
- Correlation of biomarkers to carotid changes.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT00343655
|United States, Massachusetts|
|Pfizer Investigational Site|
|Boston, Massachusetts, United States, 02114|
|Study Director:||Pfizer CT.gov Call Center||Pfizer|