Evaluation of Atorvastatin Treatment on Carotid Plaque.
The purpose of the study is to evaluate the effect of 18 months treatment with atorvastatin 80mg or atorvastatin 10mg on the carotid vessel plaque morphology, in particular, the effect on evident necrotic lipid rich core of the plaque in patients.
|Study Design:||Allocation: Randomized
Endpoint Classification: Efficacy Study
Intervention Model: Parallel Assignment
Primary Purpose: Treatment
|Official Title:||A Randomized Clinical Trial Of Atorvastatin 10 Mg And 80 Mg In The Reversal Of Or Stabilization Of Carotid Atheroma Lipid Pool|
- Change in lipid pool volume from baseline to 18 months in response to atorvastatin 80mg.
- Comparison of effect of atorvastatin 80mg versus 10mg
- Correlation of MRI measure of carotid morphology with cIMT measured by B-mode US.
- Correlation of MRI measure of carotid morphology with DS-CT measure of coronary morphology.
- Correlation of biomarkers to carotid changes.
|Study Start Date:||January 2007|
|Study Completion Date:||August 2007|
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT00343655
|United States, Massachusetts|
|Pfizer Investigational Site|
|Boston, Massachusetts, United States, 02114|
|Study Director:||Pfizer CT.gov Call Center||Pfizer|