BDNF Gene Polymorphism and Antidepressants Treatment
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00308893|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : March 30, 2006
Last Update Posted : December 18, 2013
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Depression||Genetic: Genetic analysis||Phase 4|
- The main objective is to research an association between polymorphism for the BDNF gene and the 3-week and 6-week response to a SSRI treatment (escitalopram) in major depression.
- A case control pilot study without any direct individual benefit (200 patients).
- Study period: 24 months.
- Scores from reliable and validated psychometric scales (Montgomery and Asberg Depression Scale, Mini International Neuropsychiatric Interview) specifically analysing depression dimension at the time of inclusion, after three and six weeks of antidepressant treatment.
- Genetic analysis researching a polymorphism of the BDNF gene is done by a blood sample at the baseline.
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Actual Enrollment :||188 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Single Group Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Official Title:||Brain Derived Neurotrophic Factor (BDNF) Gene Polymorphism and Response to Antidepressants Treatment in Major Depression|
|Study Start Date :||July 2006|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||June 2012|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||June 2012|
Treatment response after 3 and 6 weeks
Genetic: Genetic analysis
Compare BDNF polymorphism among responders and non-responders
- Score on Montgomery and Asberg Depression Rating Scale (MADRS) [ Time Frame: At 3 weeks and 6 weeks ]
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT00308893
|CPU CHRU de Tours|
|Tours, France, 37044|
|Principal Investigator:||Wissam EL HAGE, MD, PhD||UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL OF TOURS|