SWitching to Abilify Trial (SWAT)
Drug: Aripiprazole, Solian, Olanzapine, Seroquel, Risperidone
|Study Design:||Allocation: Randomized
Intervention Model: Parallel Assignment
Masking: Open Label
Primary Purpose: Treatment
|Official Title:||A Multi-center, Randomized, Open, Treatment-switching Study From Orally Administered Antipsychotic Monotherapy in the Treatment of Chronic Schizophrenic and Schizoaffective Patients|
- CGI-I mean score(at week 1, 3, 4, 8 & every 4 weeks until week 26)
- Changes in PANSS total & PANSS subscore & depression subscore originated from PANSS (at week 4, 8 & every 4 weeks until week 26
- IAQ (at week 8)
- POM (at week 1, 2, 4, 8)
- GAF (at week 8 & end of study)
- CGI-S (at week 1, 3, 4, 8 & every 4 weeks until week 26)
- AEs, Vital Signs, Weight gain, Prolactin increase, extrapyramidal syndrome, sleep disturbance, Laboratory tests (at week 1, 2, 4, 8 & every 4 weeks until week 26).
|Study Start Date:||October 2004|
|Study Completion Date:||October 2007|
|Primary Completion Date:||June 2006 (Final data collection date for primary outcome measure)|
This trial was designed to evaluate the efficacy, safety and tolerance of an 12 and 26-week aripiprazole administration to schizophrenic outpatients who maintain stable (no change with dosage, usage, route of the most recent antipsychotic drugs) symptoms and discontinued previous antipsychotic drugs.
Aripiprazole (10~30 mg/day) will be orally administered for 12 weeks followed by an extension phase for a maximum of an additional 14 weeks (total of 26 weeks).
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT00304616
|Korea, Republic of|
|Asan Medical Center|
|Seoul, Korea, Republic of, 138-736|
|Principal Investigator:||Chang-Yoon Kim, Prof.||Asan Medical Center|