VNP40101M in Treating Patients With Richter Syndrome or Refractory or Relapsed Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia or Other Lymphoproliferative Disorders
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00304005|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : March 17, 2006
Last Update Posted : July 18, 2013
RATIONALE: Drugs used in chemotherapy, such as VNP40101M, work in different ways to stop the growth of cancer cells, either by killing the cells or by stopping them from dividing.
PURPOSE: This phase I/II trial is studying the side effects and best dose of VNP40101M and to see how well it works in treating patients with Richter syndrome or refractory or relapsed chronic lymphocytic leukemia or other lymphoproliferative disorders.
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Leukemia Lymphoma||Drug: laromustine||Phase 1 Phase 2|
- Determine the maximum tolerated dose (MTD) of VNP40101M in patients with Richter syndrome or refractory or relapsed chronic lymphocytic leukemia or other lymphoproliferative disease. (phase I)
- Determine the toxic effects of this drug in these patients. (phase I)
- Determine the efficacy, as determined by overall response rate, of this drug at the MTD determined in phase I in these patients. (phase II)
OUTLINE: This is a phase I dose-escalation study followed by a phase II study.
- Phase I: Patients receive VNP40101M IV over 30 minutes on day 1. Courses repeat every 3-6 weeks for up to 6 courses in the absence of disease progression or unacceptable toxicity.
Cohorts of 3-6 patients receive escalating doses of VNP40101M until the maximum tolerated dose (MTD) is determined. The MTD is defined as the dose preceding that at which 2 of 6 patients experience dose-limiting toxicity. At least 6 patients are treated at the MTD.
- Phase II: Patients receive VNP40101M at the MTD determined in phase I.
PROJECTED ACCRUAL: A total of 35 patients will be accrued for this study.
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Estimated Enrollment :||35 participants|
|Official Title:||A Phase I/II Study of Cloretazine in Patients With Refractory/Relapsed Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia or Richter's Syndrome|
|Study Start Date :||July 2005|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||October 2005|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||August 2008|
- Maximum tolerated dose
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT00304005
|United States, Texas|
|M.D. Anderson Cancer Center at University of Texas|
|Houston, Texas, United States, 77030-4009|
|Study Chair:||Bonny L. Johnson, RN, MSN||Vion Pharmaceuticals|