Exercise And Rosuvastatin Treatment: Is There an Anti-Inflammatory Synergy?
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00295373|
Recruitment Status : Unknown
Verified April 2007 by Purdue University.
Recruitment status was: Active, not recruiting
First Posted : February 23, 2006
Last Update Posted : April 20, 2007
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Nonfamilial Hypercholesterolemia Physical Inactivity||Drug: Rosuvastatin Behavioral: Exercise Training||Phase 4|
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Enrollment :||48 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Factorial Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Official Title:||Phase 4 Clinical Trial to Examine the Role of Rosuvastatin and Exercise Treatment in Modulating Inflammatory Response in Hypercholesterolemic Subjects|
|Study Start Date :||February 2006|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||August 2007|
- The following measures will be made at 0, 10 and 20 weeks:
- Monocyte cell-surface expression of TLR4, CD14, and CD16
- LPS-stimulated whole blood production of IL-6 and TNF-α
- Serum levels of hsCRP and TNF-α
- Serum levels of Endotoxin LDL, OxLDL, HDL, sCD14, and
- Lipopolysaccharide Binding Protein.
- Creatine kinase & ALT (0, 5, 10 weeks; rosuvastatin group)
- Creatine kinase & ALT (48hrs after 1st and 5th exercise
- bout; rosuvastatin + exercise group)
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT00295373
|United States, Indiana|
|West Lafayette, Indiana, United States, 47906|
|Principal Investigator:||Robert E Hannemann, MD||Purdue University|
|Study Director:||Michael G Flynn, PhD||Purdue University|