Accuracy of Endoscopic Ultrasound for Detection of Tumors of the Liver
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00290316|
Recruitment Status : Unknown
Verified January 2006 by Central Texas Veterans Health Care System.
Recruitment status was: Active, not recruiting
First Posted : February 13, 2006
Last Update Posted : June 7, 2006
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Hepatocellular Carcinoma Hepatoma Cholangiocarcinoma Liver Metastases||Procedure: Endoscopy ultrasound||Phase 2|
Show Detailed Description
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Intervention Model:||Single Group Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Official Title:||Accuracy of Endoscopic Ultrasound for Detection of Tumors of the Liver – A Prospective Study|
|Study Start Date :||July 2004|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||January 2006|
- To compare the accuracy of the EUS and CT scan for detection of the primary and metastatic carcinoma of the liver.
- Determine the diagnostic yield of fine needle aspiration using EUS (EUS-FNA) in patients with suspected liver metastasis on EUS examination.
- Compare the accuracy of the PET scan with EUS for the detection of the liver metastases.
- Determine the safety of EUS-FNA in subjects with liver lesions.
- Impact of the EUS on the management of the hepatocellular carcinoma
- 2.2.5 To study characteristic echoendoscopic findings of the primary and secondary liver tumor.
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT00290316
|United States, Texas|
|Central Texas Veterans health Care System|
|Temple, Texas, United States, 76504|
|Principal Investigator:||Pankaj Singh, MD||Central Texas Veterans Health Care System|