Effects of Statins on Pro- and Antioxidant Status : Link With Statin-Associated Myopathy.
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00285181|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : February 1, 2006
Last Update Posted : August 9, 2007
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Healthy||Drug: Simvastatin||Not Applicable|
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Estimated Enrollment :||24 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Parallel Assignment|
|Official Title:||Effects of Statins on Pro- and Antioxidant Status : Link With Statin-Associated Myopathy. A Randomized, Placebo-Controlled, Double-Blind Study.|
|Study Start Date :||November 2005|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||April 2007|
- Blood antioxidant status before treatment and after treatment.
- Lipid and protein peroxidation indexes before treatment and after treatment.
- In vitro mitochondrial respiration, enzymatic activities and calcium release parameters before treatment and after treatment.
- Blood lipids before treatment and after treatment
- LDL composition before and after treatment
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT00285181
|Centre d'Investigation Clinique|
|Montpellier, France, 34295|
|Principal Investigator:||Pierre PETIT, MD-PhD||Centre d'Investigation Clinique|