Telephone Counseling for Snuff Users
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00265681|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : December 15, 2005
Last Update Posted : April 4, 2007
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment|
|Smokeless Tobacco Tobacco Use Cessation||Behavioral: Phone counseling and written materials|
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Estimated Enrollment :||400 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Parallel Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Official Title:||Proactive Telephone Counseling With Rural Smokeless Tobacco Users|
|Study Start Date :||November 2004|
|Study Completion Date :||December 2006|
- Point prevalent abstinence from all tobacco after 3 months.
- Prolonged abstinence from all tobacco after 3 months.
- Number of subjects who abstained for at least 24 hours.
- Assess the relative costs of delivering the 2 interventions.
- Use baseline data to predict successful tobacco cessation.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT00265681
|United States, Minnesota|
|HealthPartners Research Foundation|
|Bloomington, Minnesota, United States, 55420|
|Principal Investigator:||Nancy E Sherwood, PhD||HealthPartners Institute|