Study of Enteric-Coated Mycophenolate Sodium (EC-MPS) Plus Reduced-dose Cyclosporine Microemulsion (CsA-ME) Compared to EC-MPS Plus Standard Dose CsA-ME in Eldery de Novo Renal Transplant Recipients Treated With Basiliximab and Short-term Steroids
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00239031|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : October 14, 2005
Last Update Posted : January 31, 2011
All patients of the core study who are interested of being treated with EC-MPS will be included in an open-label extension study to collect further information on the long-term safety, tolerability and efficacy of this drug.
The aim of this study is to compare the renal function, 6 months after transplant, in de novo old-age renal transplant recipients treated with EC-MPS plus reduced dose CsA-ME or with EC-MPS plus standard dose CsA-ME, both in combination with basiliximab and short-term oral steroids.
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Denovo Renal Transplantation||Drug: Enteric-Coated Mycophenolate Sodium||Phase 3|
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Actual Enrollment :||117 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Parallel Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Official Title:||Multicentre, Controlled, Prospective, Randomized, Open-label Clinical Trial to Compare Enteric-Coated Mycophenolate Sodium (EC-MPS) Plus Reduced Dose Cyclosporine Microemulsion (CsA-ME) Vs EC-MPS Plus Standard Dose CsA-ME in Elderly de Novo Renal Transplant Recipients Treated With Basiliximab and Short-term Steroids|
|Study Start Date :||March 2002|
|Primary Completion Date :||July 2005|
|Study Completion Date :||July 2005|
Drug: Enteric-Coated Mycophenolate Sodium
Enteric-Coated Mycophenolate Sodium
- The 6-month study values of creatinine clearance, as calculated according to Cockcroft and Gault, summarized and compared between treatment groups.
- Incidence of treatment failure (biopsy-proven and/or treated acute rejection, graft loss, death or loss to follow-up at 6 and 12 months;
- Incidence of biopsy proven acute rejection at Month 6 and 12
- Incidence of graft loss at Month 6 and 12
- Rate of delayed graft function (DGF) and the time to adequate renal function (serum creatinine < 2,5 mg/dL);
- Pharmacokinetics of MPA and MPAG at Day 15, Month 3 and Month 6
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT00239031