Rituximab and/or Lenalidomide in Treating Patients With Follicular Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma That is Not Refractory to Rituximab
|Study Design:||Allocation: Randomized
Intervention Model: Parallel Assignment
Masking: Open Label
Primary Purpose: Treatment
|Official Title:||A Randomized Phase II Trial of Rituximab Versus Lenalidomide (REVLIMID™, Cc-5013) (IND#73034) Versus Rituximab + Lenalidomide in Recurrent Follicular Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma (NHL) That is Not Rituximab-Refractory|
- Response rate (overall and complete) at 2, 4, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18, and 24 months, and then yearly for up to 10 years [ Time Frame: Up to 10 years ] [ Designated as safety issue: No ]
- Time to progression for up to 10 years [ Time Frame: Up to 10 years ] [ Designated as safety issue: No ]
|Study Start Date:||March 2006|
|Primary Completion Date:||June 2012 (Final data collection date for primary outcome measure)|
Active Comparator: Arm I - rituximab
Patients receive rituximab IV on days 1, 8, 15, and 22.
Experimental: Arm II - lenalidomide
Patients receive oral lenalidomide once daily on days 1-21. Treatment repeats every 28 days for up to 12 courses in the absence of disease progression or unacceptable toxicity.
Experimental: Arm III - lenalidomide and rituximab
Patients receive lenalidomide as in arm II. Patients also receive rituximab IV on days 8, 15, 22 and 29.
Given IVDrug: lenalidomide
This is a randomized, multicenter study. Patients are randomized to 1 of 3 treatment arms. Please see the "Arms" section for a description of each treatment arm. The primary and secondary objectives of the study are provided below.
- To determine the response rate (overall and complete) after lenalidomide therapy and rituximab + lenalidomide in follicular NHL patients who have relapsed.
- To determine time to progression after lenalidomide therapy and rituximab and lenalidomide in follicular NHL patients who have relapsed.
- To compare the time to progression of the previous rituximab regimen to that obtained subsequently to lenalidomide therapy and rituximab + lenalidomide.
- To determine the toxicity profile of lenalidomide therapy and of rituximab and lenalidomide in follicular NHL patients who have received a previous rituximab regimen.
- To correlate Fc receptor polymorphism profiling with response to lenalidomide or rituximab + lenalidomide in previously treated patients with follicular NHL who have relapsed.
- To evaluate changes in Natural Killer (NK) cells, activated NK cells, activated T-cells and several plasma cytokines followed by rituximab therapy and correlation of observed changes to objective response rates.
After completion of study treatment, patients are followed for up to 10 years from study entry.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT00238238
Show 79 Study Locations
|Study Chair:||John P. Leonard, MD||Weill Medical College of Cornell University|