Rituximab and/or Lenalidomide in Treating Patients With Follicular Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma That is Not Refractory to Rituximab
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00238238|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : October 13, 2005
Results First Posted : February 7, 2017
Last Update Posted : March 15, 2017
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Lymphoma||Biological: rituximab Drug: lenalidomide||Phase 2|
This is a randomized, multicenter study. Patients are randomized to 1 of 3 treatment arms. Please see the "Arms" section for a description of each treatment arm. The primary and secondary objectives of the study are provided below.
- To determine the response rate (overall and complete) after lenalidomide therapy and rituximab + lenalidomide in follicular NHL patients who have relapsed.
- To determine time to progression after lenalidomide therapy and rituximab and lenalidomide in follicular NHL patients who have relapsed.
- To compare the time to progression of the previous rituximab regimen to that obtained subsequently to lenalidomide therapy and rituximab + lenalidomide.
- To determine the toxicity profile of lenalidomide therapy and of rituximab and lenalidomide in follicular NHL patients who have received a previous rituximab regimen.
- To correlate Fc receptor polymorphism profiling with response to lenalidomide or rituximab + lenalidomide in previously treated patients with follicular NHL who have relapsed.
- To evaluate changes in Natural Killer (NK) cells, activated NK cells, activated T-cells and several plasma cytokines followed by rituximab therapy and correlation of observed changes to objective response rates.
After completion of study treatment, patients are followed for up to 10 years from study entry.
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Actual Enrollment :||97 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Parallel Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Official Title:||A Randomized Phase II Trial of Rituximab Versus Lenalidomide (REVLIMID™, Cc-5013) (IND#73034) Versus Rituximab + Lenalidomide in Recurrent Follicular Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma (NHL) That is Not Rituximab-Refractory|
|Study Start Date :||March 2006|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||June 2012|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||August 2015|
Active Comparator: Arm I - rituximab
Patients receive rituximab IV on days 1, 8, 15, and 22.
Experimental: Arm II - lenalidomide
Patients receive oral lenalidomide once daily on days 1-21. Treatment repeats every 28 days for up to 12 courses in the absence of disease progression or unacceptable toxicity.
Experimental: Arm III - lenalidomide and rituximab
Patients receive lenalidomide as in arm II. Patients also receive rituximab IV on days 8, 15, 22 and 29.
- Overall Response Rate [ Time Frame: Duration of treatment (12 cycles) ]Response is assessed by investigator according to International Working Group (IWG) criteria. A complete response requires disappearance of all evidence of disease. A partial response is a >/= 50% decrease in the sum of products of 6 largest dominant nodes or nodal masses as well as for splenic and hepatic nodules. No increase in size of nodes, liver or spleen and no new sites of disease.
- Time to Progression [ Time Frame: Up to 10 years ]Time to progression (TTP) is defined as the time from study entry until progression or death without progression. The median TTP with 95% CI was estimated using the Kaplan-Meier method.
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT00238238
Show 79 Study Locations
|Study Chair:||John P. Leonard, MD||Weill Medical College of Cornell University|