Parkinson's Disease Registry of the Muhammad Ali Parkinson Center
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00217321|
Recruitment Status : Unknown
Verified September 2006 by Muhammad Ali Parkinson Research Center.
Recruitment status was: Active, not recruiting
First Posted : September 22, 2005
Last Update Posted : July 21, 2010
The purpose of the Parkinson's disease Registry is to develop a national and international database of persons with Parkinson's disease (PD). The Registry will be used to facilitate the development of new therapies and healthcare services to improve the quality of life for people with PD. It will also be a means for investigators in the field of PD to quickly identify and notify subjects about other research studies for which they are eligible.
- Assess current treatment approaches and develop best-practice guidelines
- Track the functional abilities, access to healthcare and cost of illness of people with PD over time
- Drive the development of innovative research projects
- Accelerate the process of informing patients of research projects for which they may be eligible
|Condition or disease|
What do you need to know?
- Any individual diagnosed with PD is eligible to enroll.
- Participation in the registry is voluntary, confidential and free of charge.
- Eligible participants will be notified about opportunities to participate in clinical trials, though they are under no obligation to enter.
- Participants will need to complete an updated questionnaire every six months.
- Participants may also be asked to complete additional surveys for PD research projects.
- Any data provided will be used in scientific publications in summary form only.
- Participant names will not be released to anyone outside the Parkinson's disease Registry management team without written authorization, nor will names be sold for advertising or fund-raising purposes.
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Estimated Enrollment :||20000 participants|
|Observational Model:||Ecologic or Community|
|Official Title:||Parkinson's Disease Registry|
|Study Start Date :||November 2003|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||December 2015|
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT00217321
|United States, Arizona|
|Muhammad Ali Parkinson Research Center|
|Phoenix, Arizona, United States, 85013|
|Principal Investigator:||Abraham Lieberman, MD||MAPC|