Concurrent Xeloda and Radiotherapy for Bone Metastases
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00192777|
Recruitment Status : Unknown
Verified September 2005 by Rambam Health Care Campus.
Recruitment status was: Recruiting
First Posted : September 19, 2005
Last Update Posted : October 8, 2007
Hypothesis: Radiosensitization using Xeloda should improve the rate of complete pain relief.
- To determine the frequency of pain relief for the proposed regimen.
- To determine the duration of pain relief and narcotic relief for the proposed regimen.
- To determine the frequency of narcotic relief for the proposed regimen.
- To determine the toxicity of concurrent UFT and radiotherapy in patients with bone metastases.
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Solid Tumors Bone Metastases||Drug: Xeloda Procedure: External Beam Radiotherapy||Phase 2|
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Estimated Enrollment :||20 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Single Group Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Official Title:||Concurrent Xeloda and Radiotherapy for Bone Metastases|
|Study Start Date :||November 2004|
- The frequency of pain relief for the proposed regimen, using a scale that takes into account the subjective feeling and the use of analgesics [ Time Frame: after 3 months ]
- The duration of pain relief and narcotic relief for the proposed regimen after one year
- The frequency of narcotic relief for the proposed regimen after one year
- The toxicity of concurrent UFT and radiotherapy in patients with bone metastases after one year
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT00192777
|Contact: Zvi Bernstein, MD||972 4 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Rambam Health Care Campus||Recruiting|
|Haifa, Israel, 31096|
|Contact: Zvi Bernstein, MD 972 4 8541812 email@example.com|
|Sub-Investigator: Zvi Bernstein, MD|
|Principal Investigator:||Kuten Abraham, Prof.||Dept. of Oncology, Rambam Health Care Campus|