Postoperative Pain After Medical Abortion Under Local Anesthesia : Comparison of Several Analgesic Regimen
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00188071|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : September 16, 2005
Last Update Posted : November 1, 2017
- To compare postoperative analgesia by paracetamol 1gr or ketoprofen 100 mg or the combination of these two analgesics
- each treatment beeing allocated by randomization
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Abortion, Induced||Drug: paracetamol Drug: ketoprofen Drug: ketoprofen + paracetamol||Not Applicable|
- 240 pregnant women who undewent a medical abortion by aspiration, under local anesthesia, (day case surgery) were enrolled after informed consent and signed approval
according to randomization, they received one hour before medical abortion procedure performed under local anesthesia of the cervix, one of these three diffrente analgesics :
- paracetamol 1 gr
- ketoprofen 100 mg
- the association of both Postprocedure pain was recorded, by nurse, using a visual analog scale (VAS), 7 times before and after the procedure, until the discharge of the patient.
- if VAS was above 40 on two consecutive measurements a morphine injection was given.
- the number and total amount of morphine was recorded.
- satisfaction was recorded within the 3 postoperative day by a telephone inquiry.
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Enrollment :||240 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Parallel Assignment|
|Official Title:||Postoperative Pain After Medical Abortion Under Local Anesthesia : a Prospective and Randomized Trial Comparing Several Analgesic Regimen|
|Study Start Date :||September 2002|
|Study Completion Date :||August 2003|
- postoperative pain rating
- morphine consumption
- patient satisfaction
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT00188071
|Dept of Anesthesia - CHU|
|Angers, France, 49933|
|Study Chair:||Jean Claude Granry, MD||University hospital Angers - France|
|Principal Investigator:||Emmanuel Mucci, MD||University hospital Angers - France|
|Study Director:||Christine Monrigal, MD||Dept of Anesthesia, CHU, Angers - France|