Reduce Ventricular Pacing in Dual Chamber Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillators Using AutoIntrinsic Conduction Search Study
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00187239|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : September 16, 2005
Last Update Posted : April 22, 2015
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Arrhythmia||Device: Autointrinsic Conduction Search Algorithm||Phase 4|
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Actual Enrollment :||157 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Parallel Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Official Title:||Reduce Ventricular Pacing in Dual Chamber Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillators Using AutoIntrinsic Conduction Search (REDUCE Study)|
|Study Start Date :||July 2005|
|Primary Completion Date :||August 2007|
|Study Completion Date :||August 2007|
Active Comparator: AICS On
Patients in this arm have Autointrinsic conduction search programmed ON.
Device: Autointrinsic Conduction Search Algorithm
Autointrinsic conduction search is programmed on in those patients randomized to AICS ON.
No Intervention: AICS Off
Patients assigned to this arm do not have Autointrinsic Conduction Search programmed on.
- The primary endpoint is the percentage of intrinsic ventricular events. [ Time Frame: 3 months ]
- Number of atrial tachycardia (AT), atrial fibrillation (AF), ventricular tachycardia (VT), and ventricular fibrillation (VF) episodes [ Time Frame: 3 months ]
- Frequency of inappropriate ICD therapy during AT/AF [ Time Frame: 3 months ]
- Frequency of appropriate ICD therapy for VT/VF [ Time Frame: 3 months ]
- Study related adverse events [ Time Frame: 3 months ]
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT00187239
|United States, New Jersey|
|AtlantiCare Regional Medical Center|
|Pomona, New Jersey, United States|
|Study Director:||Zaffer Syed, MS||St. Jude Medical|