Classification and Characterization of Patients Treated With Efalizumab for Plaque Psoriasis
The main objectives of the project are:
- To classify patients suffering from plaque psoriasis responding on a given treatment (efalizumab) based upon reduction in Psoriasis Area and severity Index (PASI), Psoriasis Disability Index 8PDI) and dermatology Life Quality Index 8 DLQI)
- To characterize patients suffering from plaque psoriasis responding to or not responding to subcutaneous administrated efalizumab.
|Study Design:||Observational Model: Case-Only
Time Perspective: Prospective
|Official Title:||Classification and Characterization of Patients Suffering From Moderate to Severe Plaque Psoriasis Responding to Subcutaneous Administered Efalizumab|
- Response PASI 75 [ Time Frame: 2 years ]
- Dermatology Life Quality index (DLQI) [ Time Frame: 2 years ]
- Psoriasis disability Index (PDI) [ Time Frame: 2 years ]
|Study Start Date:||May 2005|
|Study Completion Date:||July 2008|
|Primary Completion Date:||May 2008 (Final data collection date for primary outcome measure)|
This is an investigator initiated,prospective, longitudinal, observation study. Before starting treatment with efalizumab we will record factors such as demographic data, type of psoriasis, previous treatment, other diseases etc.
We will follow the patients and classify them as responders and non-responders. We hope to find 4-5 factors which we can use later to predict response of this drug.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT00184366
|Dep of dermatology, St Olavs Hospital|
|Trondheim, Norway, 7006|
|Study Chair:||Morten Dalaker, univ lekt II||St Olavs hospital, NTNU, Norway|