Botulinum Toxin Type A (Dysport) Associated With Rehabilitation Treatment in Patients With Primary Myofascial Pain Syndrome
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00149240|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : September 8, 2005
Last Update Posted : October 1, 2015
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Myofascial Pain Syndromes||Drug: Botulinum toxin type A (Dysport)||Phase 2|
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Enrollment :||24 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Parallel Assignment|
|Official Title:||A Phase II, Multicentre, Randomised, Double-blind, Parallel and Controlled With Placebo Pilot Study to Evaluate the Efficacy and Safety of a Single Dose of Botulinum Toxin Type A (Dysport) Associated With Rehabilitation Treatment, in Patients With Primary Myofascial Syndrome of Cervical and Dorsal Localisation|
|Study Start Date :||January 2005|
|Study Completion Date :||September 2005|
- The following parameters are measured at Inclusion, Week 2, Week 4, Week 8 and Week 12 of the study:
- Pain evaluated by the Investigator through the determination of threshold of pain by pressure algometry for each trigger point.
- Pain evaluated by the patient through a visual analog scale.
- Evaluation of the Clinical Global Impressions of Change by the Investigator and by the patient.
- Usual analgesic intake modification (on a daily basis by filling out a Patient's diary).
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT00149240
|University Hospital "Vall d 'Hebrón". Barcelona|
|Barcelona, Spain, 08035|
|University Hospital of Alcorcón|
|Madrid, Spain, 28922|
|Complexo Médico Quirúrgico del Conxo|
|Santiago de Compostela, Spain, 15706|
|University Hospital "La Fe". Valencia|
|Valencia, Spain, 46009|
|Study Director:||Mónica de Abadal, MD||Ipsen|