Efficacy of Tegaserod in Relieving the Symptoms of Female Patients With Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), Excluding Those With Predominant Diarrhea IBS
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00142987|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : September 2, 2005
Last Update Posted : January 28, 2008
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|IBS-C and IBS With Mixed Bowel Habits||Drug: Tegaserod||Phase 4|
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Enrollment :||664 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Parallel Assignment|
|Official Title:||Efficacy of Tegaserod in Relieving the Symptoms of Female Patients With Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), Excluding Those With Predominant Diarrhea IBS|
|Study Start Date :||April 2004|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||June 2005|
- Weekly assessment of patient's overall satisfaction relief over 4 weeks of treatment of IBS symptoms
- Weekly assessment of patient's overall satisfaction relief.
- Over 4 weeks of treatment and during each week improvment of abdominal discomfort pain, bloating, stool frequency, stool consitency, straining urgency.
- During 4 week treatment period efficacy assessment in IBS-C subgroup and mixed IBS.
- Assessment of safety and tolerability.
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT00142987
|Study Chair:||Novartis||East Hanover NJ|